Silly questions from a newbie.

ChrisB123

Okay, not earth shaking questions but new to Viking and leaving in 19 days on the Sky for the Homelands cruise. On another site, people have started getting they're tags and some paperwork. Some say the TA gets it and sends it along to your home address. My TA hasn't received it and that sometimes they just send it to your home.  I'm just curious as to how other customers received theirs.  Also, hubby and I have traveled on another line for many years and we would always get a tote bag with "coupons," in it on our bed when we checked in, does Viking do this?  Like I said, not earth shaking but we are SO close and after waiting over 500 days for this cruise, my head is in overdrive. 🤪

11 minutes ago, ChrisB123 said:

Okay, not earth shaking questions but new to Viking and leaving in 19 days on the Sky for the Homelands cruise. On another site, people have started getting they're tags and some paperwork. Some say the TA gets it and sends it along to your home address. My TA hasn't received it and that sometimes they just send it to your home.  I'm just curious as to how other customers received theirs.  Also, hubby and I have traveled on another line for many years and we would always get a tote bag with "coupons," in it on our bed when we checked in, does Viking do this?  Like I said, not earth shaking but we are SO close and after waiting over 500 days for this cruise, my head is in overdrive. 🤪

Send a message to Tellus at Viking dot com

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ChrisB123 said:

We never use a TA and always receive out tags in the mail. Others may have an answer.

Viking use to send the tags with a small gift like a pouch, travel blanket/pillow, and other SWAG but post Covid have discontinued the practice.

Viking doesn’t give out coupons. Nearly everything is included so not sure what they would coupon. IMO I think the chairman would think it’s tacky. Their selling point is no nickel and diming, no sales pitches. What type of coupons are you receiving on other lines? 

If coupons are for future cruise discounts, Viking does offer discounts when booking onboard, no coupons required.

PV rooms and higher get a welcome bottle of champagne and liquor in the fridge replenished daily.

You do get free chocolate bars every day, if that’s any consolation.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On our last cruise, our friends did not receive tags when we did. They chatted with Viking online and got them within a few days. Enjoy your cruise… one of my favorites! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

Some say the TA gets it and sends it along to your home address.

We use a TA and she gets it and then sends it.  This sometimes means up to a week later than others get theirs.  But we have always gotten our final docs in plenty of time.  And the OBC our TA gives us makes up for any slight inconvenience.  

1 hour ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Viking doesn’t give out coupons. Nearly everything is included so not sure what they would coupon. IMO I think the chairman would think it’s tacky.

And agree, I think the Chairman would find coupons tacky.  

• Like 3

ChrisB - NO tote bags.  😟

If we all start bringing our tote bags from other cruise lines, maybe Viking will get the hint!

I love my canvas Celebrity bag, even the cheap Princess/HAL ones hold up pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

To set you mind at easy, there is nothing in the box of tags that you must have to get on the ship. Also keep in mind that except for your passport and your prescription meds, there is nothing that can't be replace when you get there! So relax and get ready to enjoy. 

The envelope contains three things:

1. Two stickers so that Viking operatives can pick you out in a crowd.  You don't need them.  The Viking team is well labeled and you will have no trouble spotting them if you have Viking transfers. 

2. Luggage tags so the ship can deliver your bags to your cabin. The Viking team will have extras or you can get them at check in.

3. Fancy red Viking luggage tags in case your luggage gets lost OR to spot fellow Viking guests in the airport waiting areas.

Use chat or call to say that your box of goodies hasn't been delivered if you would feel better having those items. Otherwise, done worry about it.  For the record, it says on your Viking Guest Statement where the package will be sent; for your next Viking adventure, ask your TA to verify that they will be sent directly to you -- or even better, make sure the TA sends you a copy of the Guest Statement  so that you can verify it for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Your Viking Invoice tells you where the tags are going.

My invoice this is on Page 4

"Shipping Address - Final Documents"

This will tell you for sure where the information is being sent.

For your information, in the future, you can ask your TA to change that to your home address and everything will come to you directly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Its nice to get the luggage tag package.  Ours goes to our TA then to us.  Usually have it 2 weeks before cruise.  More important is the Final Document email that you will receive a week before cruise.  It tells you where the ship is docked - important if you don't have transfer - and gives you emergency contact info.  As a newbie, know that no matter what time your stateroom access, you can board at 11 am, have lunch and explore the ship until your room is ready.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 5