AMA Dinner Options

edgee

We are considering our first river cruise on AMA. Question: Unlike Avalon or Tauck, it appears that AMA does not offer a more casual dining option during dinner hours. Main dining room or fancier Chef's Table..that's it. Do they offer any kind of room service option for dinner or any other way to order and eat a quicker more casual dinner?

I've only been on 3 cruises so far. 2 of those were actually a single B2B on AmaMagna. Next one booked for next Spring.

In my limited experience, Ama has tables of various sizes, including 2 tops. On our first cruise, were were a party of 9, so there was no "quick" dinner 🙂. On AmaMagna, just the 2 of us. We almost always sat a a 2-top, and we had dinner at our own pace. We frequently skipped a course or 2, and were in & out fairly quickly.

While most ships also have Al Fresco, I think AmaMagna might be the only ship where they serve dinner, but not a menu that appeals to me, so never tried it. Loved it for lunch though!

I also wouldn't get worked up about dress if that's where you were going with "casual". I think enough people just kept the clothes they had on that day.

I believe the only room service might be breakfast pastries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, edgee said:

Do they offer any kind of room service option for dinner

I read in my cruise docs that they will serve you room service dinner if you’re not feeling well! But the way it was worded they’d probably only do this for the “sick” person and not for two. 

• Thanks 1