Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

The bartenders this time are liberal with the biodegradable straws. Last year I had to get one from the end of the bar which was fine with me. They’re frequently giving me two when I’m getting two of the same drink for myself. I need to remember to tell them I just need one.

IMG_4454.thumb.jpeg.13bb350d7a93e11ff315d58f6fb51162.jpeg

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Those biodegradable straws are the best option. Carnival uses candy straws and Princess uses paper. These are just like plastic but they are brown.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 15

It doesn’t really matter to me but I know there are carnival people who hate that they don’t get table cloths anymore. Here it’s every meal. It does give you a more fancy vibe.

• Like 18

There is another dining room here. I think it’s only dinner. That’s Azura. I ate there twice last time. It’s small, dark, and the tables are close together. If you’re looking for a dark, candle lit type dinner that may work for you.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

On the way out of the dining room some guy was asking the hostess if he needed to take his passport ashore. I’m like you’re in America, Jack.

Oh the times we are living in!  Must not teach geography in his school days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

A lot of people were playing shuffleboard out here last night. Both of these courts were in use. Is that what they call it? A court? I don’t know the proper shuffle board terminology. Maybe you just stick with board. Both boards were in use.

IMG_4470.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

I think I’m going to go put my jacket on. It’s windy out here. Then go up to the great outdoors and see if I can stream the Mets game with drinks and a view of float planes. My excursion isn’t until 1 and we’re here till 7:30 so no reason for me to run downtown at 9am with nothing to do.

• Like 12

Thank you for taking the time to post a live trip report.   My husband and I were on the Jewel with you last year, so it is bringing back a lot of memories.     

Glad to see the ship made it close to Hubbard's Glacier as I remember only those of us that purchased the very expensive excursion got to see it.   

• Like 5

Just now, vacation44 said:

Thank you for taking the time to post a live trip report.   My husband and I were on the Jewel with you last year, so it is bringing back a lot of memories.     

Glad to see the ship made it close to Hubbard's Glacier as I remember only those of us that purchased the very expensive excursion got to see it.   

That’s how Hubbard was for me last year. They felt

so bad they took us to Tracey Arm and Sawyer glacier one morning.

• Like 8

On 8/14/2024 at 1:46 PM, Saint Greg said:

I found some glass bottle beers @Jamman54

IMG_3997.jpeg

I'm still playing catch up, but noticed most of your drink orders are double. I remember this from your Princess review. Is this because you can, or because it's tough to get drinks once you get where you want to be?

Great review as always by the way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Very weird considering the time. I guess it’s 1pm in NYC

IMG_4469.jpeg

Need to fire-off a notable winning streak after losing 4 in a row this past weekend/week.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

I'm still playing catch up, but noticed most of your drink orders are double. I remember this from your Princess review. Is this because you can, or because it's tough to get drinks once you get where you want to be?

Great review as always by the way

Kind of both. Sometimes it’s a wait for a drink. This way I do it half as much. And sometimes im going to obscure places that don’t have drink service like the sun deck. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

On the way out of the dining room some guy was asking the hostess if he needed to take his passport ashore. I’m like you’re in America, Jack.

But you'll need to take the passport ashore in Skagway if you're travelling to Canada by either train or bus.

• Like 4