Edge August 2 Dawes Glacier Review

Mrs_Tiki

Posted (edited)

I think that I have covered all that I set out to in my review. Did I miss anything that you all were interested in?

We didn't indulge in specialty dining nor attend any of the production shows, so I don't have anything to share there. The only entertainment we experienced was the DJ in the Grand Foyer and acoustic music in Eden. The DJ was fun, but listening to the mellow tunes with a glass of wine and view of the wake is much more our vibe.

As you can see in my signature, we are booked on a cruise to the Med on the Equinox in May. And we met a really nice couple from Atlanta who will be on that sailing as well. This was their second X cruise, and they arrived on the first day very excited to be back. By the end of the cruise, they had pretty much decided the May cruise would be their last for a while, and DH and I are questioning whether to shift ours to a Caribbean cruise next winter instead. All because of our experiences with the crowds on this trip. Maybe it was a one-off, but we can't imagine taking the chance of investing the money that we had planned to book excursions only to have to struggle to meet them.

Edited by Mrs_Tiki
Got my ship names mixed up!

2 hours ago, Maggie 1008 said:

Did they hold the Captains club happy hour in the club a few nights on your cruise? 
Also, was the Elite morning breakfast held in Tuscan ? 🥂🛳️

I did not pay any attention to the Captain Club event schedule, sorry. But I believe that the Elite breakfast is held in Le Grand Bistro on Edge-class ships.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

I did not pay any attention to the Captain Club event schedule, sorry. But I believe that the Elite breakfast is held in Le Grand Bistro on Edge-class ships.

On my sailing I believe the captains club welcome was in Eden but we skipped it…weren’t in the mood to hear introductions of staff and such.  That being said, I believe we met many of the heads of different areas throughout our cruise. Eden Cafe in the morning was a good location to find them. 🙂

Edited by cruisetonowhere10

12 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

On my sailing I believe the captains club welcome was in Eden but we skipped it…weren’t in the mood to hear introductions of staff and such.  That being said, I believe we met many of the heads of different areas throughout our cruise. Eden Cafe in the morning was a good location to find them. 🙂

That's not the evening CC HH gathering for Elite and above @Maggie 1008was asking about. You are referencing the CC welcome event for all CC members or the CC senior officers party for Elite and above. 

Thank you so much for your review, our family of 7 will be in the 8/23 cruise (Michigan starts after Labor Day). Our children (preteen/teens) have cruised Celebrity always. We LOVE that there are less kids, they enjoy fine dining, reading on deck, trivia and traveling with their grandparents and us! I am glad we weren’t in the ship with those rude children, it makes my blood boil when parents don’t parent. We do a LOT as a family, I think many parents think a cruise ship is their personal babysitter. The people that work on the Edge are amazing, we are excited hopefully see some familiar faces from previous cruises in the Edge and Beyond. Thanks again for your review, I don’t think we will get your great weather!