Meraviglia wi-fi

jf13624

Hi all, my wife and I are considering the Meraviglia out of Brooklyn to Bermuda this fall. I like some reviews of the wi-fi on this ship. Is it reliable? Is it a reasonable speed and what is the cost per day? I know they offer a drinks and wi-fi package but we're not big drinkers so just the cabin and wi-fi works better for us. Thanks in advance, hope to see you onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2024 at 10:19 AM, jf13624 said:

Hi all, my wife and I are considering the Meraviglia out of Brooklyn to Bermuda this fall. I like some reviews of the wi-fi on this ship. Is it reliable? Is it a reasonable speed and what is the cost per day? I know they offer a drinks and wi-fi package but we're not big drinkers so just the cabin and wi-fi works better for us. Thanks in advance, hope to see you onboard.

I did the drink and Wi-Fi package because it was really cheap. I don't drink alcohol, but I still truly enjoyed the drink package. I ordered specialty coffee drinks, loads of bottled water, cans of soda, fresh squeezed orange juice, vegetable/fruit smoothies and virgin cocktails.

Just something for you to think about...

Starlink is now used on almost all MSC ships. Just checked pricing and it is $211 for 2 phones for a 7 night cruise no streaming. Provides access to email, websites, all social networks and chat apps but without the ability to watch video or use video chats.

Last year on the Meraviglia we had no issues with the WiFi.

Posted (edited)

So I am assuming the included YC wifi is the "browse" only wi-fi? If I wanted to be able to watch tic tok videos would I need the "browse and stream" wifi?

Disregard please. I found my answer...

Edited by Chughes0303

I was on Meraviglia last week and had the browse.  We were able to stream with no problems!  It was my 5th time on her and the first time I tried to stream anything.  I was shocked it worked so well.  Now, texting photos from my iPhone to non-iPhones was a failure.  Was able to text photos home to my daughter's iPhone with no problems. 

It's still satellite, even StarLink it is satellite just more of them lower to the Earth so ships position, weather, ship movement all play a part in connection speed.

Also your location in the ship and the access point your connecting to and all the other things like how much is passing through the pipe from your 6k closest friends. 

I've only had browse and have streamed at times and could not at other even in the middle of a Teams meeting had to cut video and had meetings with full video.