LIVE from Celebrity Infinity: Best of Greece August 17, 2024

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from love2crews.! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

love2crews. was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We’re back!  And we’re headed to the Med!🛳️

We embark on the Celebrity Infinity in a week’s time and it’s gonna be a scorcher!  This time, we are celebrating our mom’s 65th birthday.  I’ve got a few things planned-not for every port though.  We hope to have a few relaxing days, but most importantly, we are here to try ALL the foods!  This is probably the most excited I’ve been for food on a trip.  So brace yourself for food pics, snack pics, dessert pics, and more food pics. 😉

This thread will act as a journal for our trip so we can look back and remember all the good times had. 🤩

I plan to provide lots of helpful tips and tricks along the way, too.  And if you have any tips and tricks for any of our ports, do tell!  We have not been to any of the ports on this itinerary. 

I hope you will join us on this adventure.  Sit back, relax, and get ready to explore all Greece has to offer! (Hopefully you will be following along from somewhere a bit cooler than what we are about to experience!) ☀️

IMG_7354.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Following!   Very excited to read your posts as I’m doing very similar cruise on Infinity end of September.  We are scheduled for same ports plus an additional one.  So please post about all your adventures!   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GotMINI said:

Following!   Very excited to read your posts as I’m doing very similar cruise on Infinity end of September.  We are scheduled for same ports plus an additional one.  So please post about all your adventures!   

What is the extra port?  I only ask because we were originally scheduled to visit Volos instead of Kavala.  I was contemplating making the trip to Meteora, but decided against it this trip.  I would absolutely love to experience it one day!

• Like 1

It’s a 9nt cruise starting Sep 28th: Santorini, Ephesus, Mykonos, Kavala, Thessaloniki & Nafplio. Celebrity switched Volos to Kavala on this cruise as well.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GotMINI said:

It’s a 9nt cruise starting Sep 28th: Santorini, Ephesus, Mykonos, Kavala, Thessaloniki & Nafplio. Celebrity switched Volos to Kavala on this cruise as well.  

I've heard Nafplio is wonderful!  Enjoy!!!

1 hour ago, GotMINI said:

Can you share who the captain and the cruise directors are on the ship right now?  

And yes, I will find out once we're onboard. 🙂 

• Like 1

We are on this cruise too, flying from London to Athens on Friday and staying in Piraeus for the night.

We have been to the first 3 stops a few times previously. Santorini & Mykonos are two of the nicest Island IMO very buzzy. Kusadasi, you can either do a tour and see Ephesus, which I have done or shop.Plenty of copies of handbags, clothes etc amd great leather wear, definitely barter with them on prices. 

For me this cruise is a relaxation trip so we will not be doing any excursions just wandering on our own. This is also the easiet cruise we have ever had to pack for (we don't usually go away in August) because we know it will be hot so no warmer clothes required.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Darspurs said:

We are on this cruise too, flying from London to Athens on Friday and staying in Piraeus for the night.

We have been to the first 3 stops a few times previously. Santorini & Mykonos are two of the nicest Island IMO very buzzy. Kusadasi, you can either do a tour and see Ephesus, which I have done or shop.Plenty of copies of handbags, clothes etc amd great leather wear, definitely barter with them on prices. 

For me this cruise is a relaxation trip so we will not be doing any excursions just wandering on our own. This is also the easiet cruise we have ever had to pack for (we don't usually go away in August) because we know it will be hot so no warmer clothes required.

How exciting!  Glad to hear you've enjoyed these ports.

Yes, we are planning to pack carry on only and aren't even bringing jackets!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ciaranaman said:

Following as well.  Someday we'll make it to the Med 🤞😊🤞.   Maybe my 65th???

~Bernadette

Celebrating your 65th in the Med sounds like a fantastic idea! 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, love2crews. said:

How exciting!  Glad to hear you've enjoyed these ports.

Yes, we are planning to pack carry on only and aren't even bringing jackets!  

You are so lucky.  Greece weather in March is very changeable, meaning we need to pack more clothes.😜

• Like 1