Barcelona dock

Booked our first TA and second VV cruise on the Scarlet Lady for November. We are leaving out of Rome and our first stop is Barcelona. I'm looking for any help to figure out where Virgin docks in Barcelona so that we can plan our shore excursion pick up.  

Or if you could point me where to find that info on the website or app?

34 minutes ago, brichar499 said:

Those two posts show two very different port locations. Which is it?

In May we arrived from the transatlantic at World Trade Centre.

We've been on VV in Barcelona 4 times.  For us, it has been 2 of each and they have not been sequential.  I think VV prefers WTC--it is closer to town, cheaper for us, and VV made a big deal f being one of the few ships that can use it.  Reality is that they are about 2 miles apart, but taxis, etc. have an added fee to enter the Moll area and it is too far to walk to pubic transportation or into town.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a clear answer.  Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I can't find a map in the VV app that shows where we will be docked.  

If we end up being at the further dock, is there a port shuttle available to get out to the main road?

11 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Is this information only available once you're on board? Because my app doesn't look like that

Have you done the check in on the app? Scroll down a bit further and you’ll find check in and get ready to sail. You can do the six steps in any order. The last step is to get an arrival time. Once you’ve done that you’ll get the information I added above.

IMG_9043.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Have you done the check in on the app? Scroll down a bit further and you’ll find check in and get ready to sail. You can do the six steps in any order. The last step is to get an arrival time. Once you’ve done that you’ll get the information I added above.

IMG_9043.jpeg

Thanks!  I'll do those steps and see if I can find it.  I appreciate your help!

25 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

IMG_9043.jpeg

Unfortunately, I think it's too soon for me to complete my check-in. It says check back later when I try to enter some of the information. 

37 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Unfortunately, I think it's too soon for me to complete my check-in. It says check back later when I try to enter some of the information. 

Can you do the final step to get an arrival time?

Brilliant Lady sailings won’t allow any steps to be done, but I’ve got 5/6 done on all my sailings on Scarlet & Resilient coming up.

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

Can you do the final step to get an arrival time?

Brilliant Lady sailings won’t allow any steps to be done, but I’ve got 5/6 done on all my sailings on Scarlet & Resilient coming up.

When I closed the app and reopened it, now it shows the terminal arrival time box with the "view map" button.  However that's just for the departure port, not all the stops. Barcelona is one of our stops.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a clear answer.  Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I can't find a map in the VV app that shows where we will be docked.  

If we end up being at the further dock, is there a port shuttle available to get out to the main road?

Yes, there is a shuttle to the main transportation area by the Columbus statue. On our cruises, cost has ranged from free to $5; I'm guessing that when it was free, the cruise line had paid for it.

The terminal arrival time that people showed you above is for when your departure port is Barcelona.  If I understood, you are boarding in Rome and BCN is a port of call.

Edited by cantgetin

50 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, there is a shuttle to the main transportation area by the Columbus statue. On our cruises, cost has ranged from free to $5; I'm guessing that when it was free, the cruise line had paid for it.

The terminal arrival time that people showed you above is for when your departure port is Barcelona.  If I understood, you are boarding in Rome and BCN is a port of call.

Thanks for the shuttle info!  That was very helpful.

Yes, we board in Rome and Barcelona is our first port. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Yes, we board in Rome and Barcelona is our first port. 

Sorry I missed that detail! I had assumed it was departure from Barcelona. There is no way of knowing exactly where they will berth at day ports, but I would assume it’s the World Trade Centre.