More mechanical issues for Carnival Vista

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

That took a little longer because they had to remove and then later re-install the funnel to be able to fit under a bridge. 😎

If memory serves, the removal and reinstallation of the funnel took more time than the work on the propulsion issue

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

If memory serves, the removal and reinstallation of the funnel took more time than the work on the propulsion issue

Still going to think positive for 9-15! Can’t find another option 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

The Panorama took about three weeks to fix. You're probably in trouble enough to be searching for options. Not definitely, but i got the feeling the need to rebuild the Azipod.

The fallacy there is that the problem/solution is similar. Most likely it's not. And nothing in the release suggested dry dock. Back with the Panorama, they knew from the outset and cancelled approximately 6-8 cruises all in one announcement. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Hasn’t the vista been kind of a drydock queen with her propulsion issues? If I remember correctly, it seems to be a reoccurring theme with this particular ship. 

She has only been "dry docked" once due to propulsion issues and that was in 2019 when she did the floating dry dock in the Bahamas.

6 minutes ago, 787cruiser said:

She has only been "dry docked" once due to propulsion issues and that was in 2019 when she did the floating dry dock in the Bahamas.

I also remember the panorama having issues. I might be conflating the two together into one. 

18 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

I also remember the panorama having issues. I might be conflating the two together into one. 

conflating can be serious, RX should help….  There was a significant issue with Panorama, everyone best hope this issue is not as bad…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Technically all 3 have undergone emergency dry docks for propulsion repairs.

Vista 2019

Horizon 2021

Panorama 2023

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 787cruiser said:

First sailed in June 2015.

June 15, 2019: itinerary change due to propulsion issues

July 3, 2019: Power loss and loss of propulsion for 30 minutes.

July 6-27, 2019: Three 7 day cruises canceled due to propulsion issues

July 13, 2019: Drydocked for propulsion issues

September 2022: Oct 15, Oct 29, Nov 12 and Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18(2023) cruise itineraries changed due to propulsion issues

December 2022: January 7 through and including February 11 2024 cruises (6) cancelled to allow Vista to go into unexpected drydock for propulsion issues

August 11, 2023: lost propulsion and halted at sea for ~3 hours.

August 4, 2024: cruise return late due to propulsion issues

August 10, 2024: Itineraries changed due to propulsion issues

September 7, 2024: Cruise canceled due to propulsion issues

Rest of September 2024: Itineraries changed due to propulsion issues

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aborgman said:

December 2022: January 7 through and including February 11 2024 cruises (6) cancelled to allow Vista to go into unexpected drydock for propulsion issues

It's not an unexpected dry dock when it's scheduled more than a year out. You see cruise lines cancel sailings for rescheduled dry-docks quite often.

22 minutes ago, aborgman said:

September 2022: Oct 15, Oct 29, Nov 12 and Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18(2023) cruise itineraries changed due to propulsion issues

This is what I was going off of. Repeated propulsion issues on this ship. 

29 minutes ago, aborgman said:

No dog in this fight, and I agree there are continued problems here, but my view is the last 4 are the same issue.  If your car breaks down while on a trip and you try and fix it on the road (it does not work) so you try again when you get to destination (and that does not work) and finally you have to pay the piper at the dealership.  In my view, that is one issue, not four.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

No dog in this fight, and I agree there are continued problems here, but my view is the last 4 are the same issue.  If your car breaks down while on a trip and you try and fix it on the road (it does not work) so you try again when you get to destination (and that does not work) and finally you have to pay the piper at the dealership.  In my view, that is one issue, not four.  

Except every time they claim issue is fixed.

20 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

Can you show me where they said that?  Regardless, if it ain’t fixed, it is still broke.  That said, if it makes you feel better, I think there must have been multiple emails during each occurrence (I would calls these updates) and at each time, they update with a test a potential solution, so lets make it 40. Does that help?  I get it sailing get cancelled, things happen, has happened to us multiple times, multiple ships, multiple lines, multiple occurrences.  When it is you, it stings.  Been there get it.  At the end of the day we (the affected customers) can react in different ways.  I know how I did.

Edited by jimbo5544

38 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

This is what I was going off of. Repeated propulsion issues on this ship. 

The question is are they the same problem, propulsion is a fairly broad term.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

I don't think Carnival has put out anything officially saying anything was fixed. I saw an update from the Captain saying they thought (or were hoping?) the issue was fixed, but they're not quite there yet. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2024 at 7:42 AM, jsglow said:

It's the former Dan. We were part of the crowd that was impacted by Panorama cancellations last November/December. In that case, one needed to BOOK a future cruise by November 2024 sailing anytime on the schedule thereafter.

What were your thoughts on that?

On 8/11/2024 at 6:44 PM, n6uqqq said:

I agree, going to Princess Cay and HMC isn't the worst thing in the world. For some Nassau and Freeport would be debatable 🤣 but the $400 dollars of OBC can soften the blow with some day drinking while staying on the ship. 

Nassau and Freeport to me would be equal to 2 more sea days 🤣

if I have a Bahamas cruise that includes both Nassau and Freeport (and FML I have, out of Baltimore), I usually book them because I don’t feel like flying. 

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

What were your thoughts on that?

That was fine. We actually very quickly thereafter got both our refund and our FCC directly applied to an existing upcoming cruise by our PVP. Easy peasy. Note that we didn't have to book anything 'new'. 

Our adult kids, just this past week as a matter of fact, booked a cruise for February '25. So they had already received their refund in cash months ago and just now used up there FCC. So a full year to make a decision about the application of one's FCC is plenty of time.

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

Although extremely disappointing, a full refund plus the opportunity to book a "free" cruise is generous. I would look at it as in exchange for moving my travel dates I now get two cruises for the money I already paid, not a bad deal in my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2