Credit card in app problem

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to complete my travel checklists on the app. For payment method my credit card info already in the system pops up. When I ck to add my husband & check complete, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Edited by 1965

I had the same problem.... it was driving me crazy.  I ended up deleting the card from the app and then re-typing it in.  That worked for me.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jenf22 said:

I had the same problem.... it was driving me crazy.  I ended up deleting the card from the app and then re-typing it in.  That worked for me.  Good luck!

Thanks! I'll try that. 😊

I briefly had that problem the other day. I went on to setting up my wife in the booking and was able to use the card already in the system and checked the box to allow me to use it as well and it went right through. Weird as the card is in my name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

I'm trying to complete my travel checklists on the app. For payment method my credit card info already in the system pops up. When I ck to add my husband & check complete, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

If your cruise is far in the future, it could be that your credit card expiration date is prior to your cruise date but you have other cruises using the same credit card where the expiration date is not a problem so that’s why the credit card is already on file. I had that problem where my credit card expires in 2025 but my cruise is in 2026. I have the same credit card for a cruise this year and one before it expires in 2025. Obviously I don’t know what my new expiration date will be and I did all the deleting the card and re-entering, deleting the app and the credit card and re-entering, etc., etc. The easy fix is to use another credit card with an expiration date after your cruise ends to get the system to accept the credit card. For me, I was using a Princess credit card so I wanted the extra points. I was eventually able to get the charge to go through but at this point, I’m going to wait until I get my new credit card next year before entering in my payment method for that 2026 cruise. I was able to force the charge so I could pay for/book dining reservations but I’ll just wait for my new credit card next year before booking excursions. It’s Princess IT again at it’s best and keeping our critical thinking skills sharp!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jenf22 said:

I did what you suggested. It worked immediately. Thank you so much. ♡

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

I am having this problem as well.  Will follow the same advice.

Yes. This has been an issue going way back.  They never fixed it.  Delete credit card and reenter it.  Make sure to select to allow use by your partner, if wanted. Also, check expiration date.

I had one that expiration was after sail date, so just called CC company and got a early renewal on it.  Then, deleted old card, reentered new card.

Also worked.