The Art, Architecture, and Design Tour - has anyone done it?

yvrbos

I am interested in The Art, Architecture, and Design Tour aboard the Apex. I have tried searching for reviews but haven't found any. Have you taken this tour? What was it like? What did it include? Was it worth the price? TIA

Hi, 

Yes, I did this tour on the Celebrity Ascent earlier this year. Two members of the ship's staff took a small group of us on a tour of the ship and discussed various aspects of the ship's design and explained different artwork on the ship. I enjoyed it, but I have a strong interest in ship design and art. If you have a similar interest, the tour is worth the price. For most people, it probably would not be worth the price.

Chuck

We did this tour on the Celebrity Ascent earlier this year also but for us it was led by a person from the excursion desk and we did not enjoy the tour. She spoke too softly for us to hear even with the ear pieces they handed out. We stood in front of several pictures and pieces of art and she read from an ipad about the art and then pointed at a few things along the way. She was not well trained. Not her fault but Celebrity's for selling too many spots for properly educated staff to cover. We got it at a black friday discounted rate and used extra OBC otherwise we would have requested reimbursement. Another group that left right before ours said their tour was great with a staff member who knew a lot about the works, the artists, etc. 

I did it on the Beyond a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I was the only one who signed up - they called to see if I wanted to do it as a solo because some people don't. I was like "I'm traveling solo, so... If you're willing to do it, I would like to." It was a lot of fun and very informative. And I got a book with pictures of a lot of the artwork in.

My shore excursions guide did not read from an iPad - she spoke from memory.