Quebec City--what to do for a few hours before my flight?

KKB

Posted (edited)

We dock at 7AM & I can certainly walk off as I will just have my rolling carry on & backpack--easy enough to walk along with.

My flight is at 1:10PM out of Quebec City. 

Suggestions of what to do for a few AM hours?

Just wandering & enjoying the city is certainly desirable--would love to take photos/videos, maybe have a French breakfast.

Edited by KKB

Hi there, if your ship docks in the city centre  you are in rhe old quarter  which is very beautiful you can take the funicular up to the Chateau Frontenac and the barracks. They serve food in the Chateau but not sure what it is like. 

Nit sure you would have time ti do Montmorency Falls as that is a way from centre of town. 

Am sure you will find plenty of interesting places. 

19 hours ago, KKB said:

Just wandering & enjoying the city is certainly desirable

This is a perfect city to do this.   Your ship will likely be docked right in the old town.  If your timing allows consider a walking tour tour which starts at the visitor information center near the Frontenac.  We did it and it was a great 1.5 hour tour.   QC is beautiful and very walkable (although hilly).

Airport is not real large so plan on average arrival time.   We took a taxi from airport to old town, with no issues.   (our cruise started in QC).

GBR

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, decrepit old man said:

Where in Quebec City would I be able to store my luggage? I'm also getting off the ship here but my flight is not until 6pm

Any of the bigger hotels will be happy to do it for you-- just tell them you are popping in for lunch or a drink and tip the bellman. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 4:30 PM, decrepit old man said:

Where in Quebec City would I be able to store my luggage? I'm also getting off the ship here but my flight is not until 6pm

I used Bounce to locate a luggage drop.  There are multiple locations in Quebec City and you can make a reservation online.  I chose the one at 289 Rue Saint-Paul because it's very close to the train station.  I'll be taking the train to Montreal later in the evening after disembarking my ship but want to explore Quebec for a bit before heading for Montreal.

Edited by Sprigs616
typo
  • Thanks 1