Fixed-time Dining first-timer questions

Hello all.  I just booked a "last minute" 5-day cruise on Grandeur for October. My Time Dining was not available, so I chose the late dining option @ 7:45.

I've never done fixed-time before. Should I head to the MDR upon embarkation to check out my table? Is it difficult to get a two-top?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all.  I just booked a "last minute" 5-day cruise on Grandeur for October. My Time Dining was not available, so I chose the late dining option @ 7:45.

I've never done fixed-time before. Should I head to the MDR upon embarkation to check out my table? Is it difficult to get a two-top?

Thanks.

A lot of times it takes a while before they put up table numbers, so heading there may or may not show anything. There will be some kind of dining stand set up somewhere where you can ask. They can check where your table is. 2nd seating it probably wouldnt be a problem getting a 2 top, it's generally less crowded. 

PS until you have access to your cabin, usually around 1:30 pm you woukdnt have your cabin card with the table imprinted on it anyway. Rushing to the Mdr without knowing your table number would also not help. Maybe a few waiters setting tables, no one there who can help that early. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Is it difficult to get a two-top?

No. Once you're inside of 30 days out you can e-mail rcldining@rccl.com with your request.

Make sure to put the name of the ship and sail date in the subject line or it will not be processed.

FWIW, you can be more specific than 2-top if you like (they may or may not fulfill the request but it doesn't hurt). I always ask for a 2-top by a window on deck 4 and on our last 3 cruises we were one table away from the window and then had the same exact window table twice in a row so they do try to accommodate requests if they can.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No. Once you're inside of 30 days out you can e-mail rcldining@rccl.com with your request.

Make sure to put the name of the ship and sail date in the subject line or it will not be processed.

FWIW, you can be more specific than 2-top if you like (they may or may not fulfill the request but it doesn't hurt). I always ask for a 2-top by a window on deck 4 and on our last 3 cruises we were one table away from the window and then had the same exact window table twice in a row so they do try to accommodate requests if they can.

Hope this helps.

Also always found them helpful.  Any ship that has a three level MDR we send a request for a table along the railing, request has been fulfilled every time. 2 -3 weeks before the sailing seems to be the sweet spot. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2