Flora Propulsion Issues

pmcue

We are scheduled on Flora in October (just booked yesterday) and today got email saying itinerary will change due to Propulsion issues.  This seems like something that has been known.  Has anyone sailed in the modified itinerary?   

Email Below:

We're counting down the days until we welcome you aboard the beautiful Celebrity Flora® for an unforgettable adventure in the Galapagos Islands. As we prepare for your visit, we wanted to share some important updates with you.

Celebrity Flora is experiencing a technical issue affecting our propulsion speed, and as a result we'll need to make a small adjustment to our itinerary. To ensure that you'll experience the same incredible tours and activities that make this journey so special, we're working closely with the Galapagos National Park on each of our voyages.

Our adjusted Galapagos itinerary will provide intimate and awe-inspiring encounters with the unique wildlife of the Galapagos Islands. You'll have the chance to marvel at blue-footed boobies, century-old tortoises, and the famous Darwin finches, making your journey truly unforgettable. We are confident that our slight updates to our itinerary will keep the integrity of your visit to this bucket list destination.

We are committed to keeping you informed – as the National Park confirms our itineraries in two-week batches – we will have another update for you at least 2 weeks before your sailing, with a finalized itinerary and compensation details. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and deeply appreciate your patience and understanding. 

We are looking forward to welcoming you onboard Celebrity Flora very soon. Your adventure awaits, and we can't wait to share it with you.  

Thank you,

Not yet....   give me two weeks.  😉

Planning on doing a Live thread.  I'll make sure I update on any changes to the itinerary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are sailing on 8/25 (in 10 days).. got the notice yesterday as well so this may be something new. Looks like the itinerary adjustment cancels a multi-stop trip to one of the islands - Isabella....

Here is the updated itinerary:

image.thumb.png.c4b8a09dcea2f41ed1ab4402702a0c53.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, katredd said:

We are sailing on 8/25 (in 10 days).. got the notice yesterday as well so this may be something new. Looks like the itinerary adjustment cancels a multi-stop trip to one of the islands - Isabella....

Here is the updated itinerary:

image.thumb.png.c4b8a09dcea2f41ed1ab4402702a0c53.png

Thanks for this.  Did they offer you any compensation as it stated in the email?  I am wondering what the new stops are like if anyone has ever been.  We were very interested in seeing the baby seals and why we chose October.  Just not sure where / which stops they would be. 

31 minutes ago, katredd said:

We are sailing on 8/25 (in 10 days).. got the notice yesterday as well so this may be something new.

We are doing the inner loop the week after your sailing.  No updated itinerary yet for us.
Also got the initial notice yesterday.

Booked on the inner loop itinerary leaving 9/29 and curious about the changes too.  Got the same letter indicating they will send a new itinerary 2 weeks before.  If anyone else is doing inner loop soon and gets an updated itinerary please share. 

I understand based on an article I read that the Galapagos Island Park system does not confirm itineraries until 2 weeks out -- so that is why Celebrity can't tell those of you with a date beyond two weeks what the itinerary will be... just fyi.

• Thanks 1

I got my updated itinerary for my cruise on 9/29 as indicated below.  Compensation will be $1000 per person unless you are on a reduced rate and then your compensation will be adjusted.  Refunds to original form of payment 14 days after your cruise is completed. 

IMG_4503.png

That's not much compensation if you have to change plane flights to Quito & to the Galapagos. That goes for around 1G or more per person. So what about compensation for not visiting the islands you want? It's apparent they are staying close to Baltra.

Got the same email for our 9/1 sailing.  We don't have to change any flights, still sailing out of and returning to the same place at the same time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I made our schedule change graphic a bit larger.  This is at least for our 9/1 sailing and the 9/29 sailing:

shcedule_change.png.5af0107a4b47e38afc2745c9519ceb5a.png

Edited by Rewind
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We got ours for outer loop on Oct 20.  Looks like big difference is you miss Isabella which is largest island.  Would love any feedback from people who have done Isabella or the new stops to understand differences, if any, in what we may see / do.  

Screenshot_20240821_073544_Outlook.thumb.jpg.dc255fa089744456e1f384b123921da3.jpg

Edited by pmcue
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We were on the Flora and did the 7 night outer cruise.  To be completely honest - I would not be very concerned about the itinerary change.  Each island we visited had wildlife or unique flora.  I really do not feel like visiting one island vs another would have been a great loss / miss.  We saw iguanas, tortoise on multiple islands.  The flora was different on different islands.  But - can't say one was explicitly better than the other.  I would just take the new itinerary and go with it.  The trip is such a whirlwind - you likely won't remember what was on which island.  Unless you had a very specific "I must visit island X" wish - then you will most likely be happy with the new trip.

Edited by Shiba_Lover
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Shiba_Lover said:

We were on the Flora and did the 7 night outer cruise.  To be completely honest - I would not be very concerned about the itinerary change.  Each island we visited had wildlife or unique flora.  I really do not feel like visiting one island vs another would have been a great loss / miss.  We saw iguanas, tortoise on multiple islands.  The flora was different on different islands.  But - can't say one was explicitly better than the other.  I would just take the new itinerary and go with it.  The trip is such a whirlwind - you likely won't remember what was on which island.  Unless you had a very specific "I must visit island X" wish - then you will most likely be happy with the new trip.

I agree with you completely.  However there are a few people that have their heart set on a particular itinerary because they want to see something unique to that island.

On 8/20/2024 at 7:18 PM, catspaw1 said:

That's not much compensation if you have to change plane flights to Quito & to the Galapagos. That goes for around 1G or more per person. So what about compensation for not visiting the islands you want? It's apparent they are staying close to Baltra.

There should be no change in your air arrangements necessary. The changes made are in the itinerary of the islands. You will embark and depart on schedule. We were on the Inner Loop earlier this month,it was fantastic, the propulsion issues did not affect service, dining, laundry etc. or anything else. We must have missed something- but have no idea what! The wildlife was everything you  have heard about,Im still going thru my pictures, sea lions,  Blue footed boobies, penguins, flamingos , frigate birds, tortoises, iguanas of every kind! Relax, go with the flow and you will have a marvelous time. Btw, the food was better than any I  have had on Celebrity- be sure to book Evening under the Stars  for dinner one evening.

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

My  husband really wants to see the waved albatross so would be extremely disappointed if we missed that. 

Those are on Espanola Island.  But - if that was / is on your itinerary - you still may or may not see one.  We only saw 2 blue footed boobies and from very far away.  There was another group that saw a ton of them.  Very hit or miss.