Back to Back Cruises

malcliz

Now that back to back cruises seem to be viewed as one cruise with one booking number, can packages such as dining be used on either part of the back to back? In other words can a package of 4 meals be spread over both cruises?

On 8/15/2024 at 5:42 PM, malcliz said:

Now that back to back cruises seem to be viewed as one cruise with one booking number, can packages such as dining be used on either part of the back to back? In other words can a package of 4 meals be spread over both cruises?

OBC can be spread from one to the other, but as of April, the dining packages stood alone and could not be spread over 2 sailings.

6 hours ago, ECCruise said:

OBC can be spread from one to the other, but as of April, the dining packages stood alone and could not be spread over 2 sailings.

Thank you for confirming. That’s a shame as our first cruise is very short, just 4 days, so it would have been useful to spread the package over both cruises. 

Another b2b question.  Booked on board several months ago for cruise next year.  May now have to cancel the second one.  With one booking number do they cancel the lot and rebook the first one (which now is almost as much as the original cost).  The confirmation email doesn't give me a breakdown of each cruise but does give me the OBC for each one.  (I prefer the old way of two separate numbers)

3 hours ago, Westaussie said:

Another b2b question.  Booked on board several months ago for cruise next year.  May now have to cancel the second one.  With one booking number do they cancel the lot and rebook the first one (which now is almost as much as the original cost).  The confirmation email doesn't give me a breakdown of each cruise but does give me the OBC for each one.  (I prefer the old way of two separate numbers)

Yes it’s quite confusing. Also a similar question - we looked at applying for an upgrade but there is only one booking number so are we bidding to upgrade both cruises or just the first?

If you look at the upgrade thread there is an issue. Back to back cruisers cannot apply for upgrades. Even if you get the email bids get cancelled 

6 hours ago, Westaussie said:

I was told that you can cancel just one leg if necessary and it will not affect the other.  Your TA will be able to have it sorted

• Like 1

Also if you want to book excursions on a different cruise (prior to your b2b cruise so you can receive the 10% discount) .....you have to have a minimum of 3 excursions per segment.

Our friends booked 20 excursions for their FIVE b2b cruises around South America Jan 2025.  For two segments the excursion team would not give them 10% discount because they only had 2 excursions booked for each of those segments.  

A super loyal guest that is on two current back to back cruises and has FIVE back to back cruises booked.... they just booked 20 excursions and Azamara wont give them 10% off because now the cruises are segments even though they have ONE BOOKING NUMBER.   Just fyi.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Also if you want to book excursions on a different cruise (prior to your b2b cruise so you can receive the 10% discount) .....you have to have a minimum of 3 excursions per segment.

Our friends booked 20 excursions for their FIVE b2b cruises around South America Jan 2025.  For two segments the excursion team would not give them 10% discount because they only had 2 excursions booked for each of those segments.  

A super loyal guest that is on two current back to back cruises and has FIVE back to back cruises booked.... they just booked 20 excursions and Azamara wont give them 10% off because now the cruises are segments even though they have ONE BOOKING NUMBER.   Just fyi.   

The 10% discount isn't that great because you don't get it when you book the excursions onboard but it is given to you in OBC when you take the cruise with those excursions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PirateWife said:

The 10% discount isn't that great because you don't get it when you book the excursions onboard but it is given to you in OBC when you take the cruise with those excursions. 

Is this something new?  I have aways gotten the 10% off when I booked future (not a B-2-B) shore excursion onboard using my OBC. Is this how it is processed now when a Credit card is used?

This was what happened a year ago May when I booked excursions for a cruise in January 2024 and what happened on the January cruise when I booked excursions for a cruise in August 2024. I used a combination of OBC and credit card. Each time, while on the cruise, I received a letter showing the excursions I had booked and telling me to take the letter to the Shore Excursion desk to get the 10% credited to my account on the cruise with those excursions. Previously, I had received a reduction in the cost of the excursions when I booked them. 

6 hours ago, PirateWife said:

This was what happened a year ago May when I booked excursions for a cruise in January 2024 and what happened on the January cruise when I booked excursions for a cruise in August 2024. I used a combination of OBC and credit card. Each time, while on the cruise, I received a letter showing the excursions I had booked and telling me to take the letter to the Shore Excursion desk to get the 10% credited to my account on the cruise with those excursions. Previously, I had received a reduction in the cost of the excursions when I booked them. 

I can confirm that that is the current protocol. I don't understand why Azamara would choose to do it in this manner. It would be so much easier for everyone concerned if the 10% were applied at the time of booking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blag said:

I can confirm that that is the current protocol. I don't understand why Azamara would choose to do it in this manner. It would be so much easier for everyone concerned if the 10% were applied at the time of booking. 

I discussed this with the Head Office senior manager responsible and it is due to issues with the configuration of Seaware software and accounting for the costs and the discount. It is something they are trying to have resolved in a future software release. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, uktog said:

I discussed this with the Head Office senior manager responsible and it is due to issues with the configuration of Seaware software and accounting for the costs and the discount. It is something they are trying to have resolved in a future software release. 

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2