tour costs

motherchic

We are considering a Silverseas cruise. I noticed there are several included tours and many more tours that have a fee. 

I would need an accessible tour, and looking I realize that I will more times then not need a car or van tour. I cannot find pricing. Could someone give me just a ballpark cost on half day/full day tours?

Or where I could find pricing? I need to know if its going to cost just an arm or an arm and both legs

Thank you much

1 hour ago, motherchic said:

We are considering a Silverseas cruise. I noticed there are several included tours and many more tours that have a fee. 

I would need an accessible tour, and looking I realize that I will more times then not need a car or van tour. I cannot find pricing. Could someone give me just a ballpark cost on half day/full day tours?

Or where I could find pricing? I need to know if its going to cost just an arm or an arm and both legs

Thank you much

If Silversea is offering them, they show up below the included tours and select tours as something like privato tours.

1 hour ago, motherchic said:

it did but no prices

Sorry. They do show up in mySilversea, but you are only considering so you can't access that information. I would try contacting Silversea directly, or have your travel agent do so, since costs would be specific to the actual locations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, motherchic said:

Thank you much

You can have a SS rep or your travel agent create an option for the cruise -- it will be good for about 5 days without a deposit.  Once that exists you'll be able to set up a "mysilversea" login and see the prices for tours.  I am not sure that accessible tours will be included; you may have to ask for those prices anyway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, motherchic said:

Thank you much

On various SS cruises, I have seen accessible tours.  Small vans that are wheelchair accessible or good for those with limited mobility.  However, they don’t show up on the shore excursions list.  I became friendly with a couple on board who frequently used these tours.  Always “included”.  Some of the regular tours were also all right if not in a wheelchair.  For example, at the end location, she could just enjoy the view or wander a bit while the rest of us did the walk, while also enjoying the scenery along the route.

I do not know if the SS call centre has further information or knowledge, but definitely on board.

There is a wheelchair bound CC member who did a trip report on Mardi Gras this year, possibly in March. Perhaps look up her thread and ask her experience?

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

On an upcoming cruise on Moon I see at least one wheelchair-accessible tour listed on the Tour Program. (I stopped looking after one). It was quoted at $79 and I don't know whether it was included or extra.

I do remember one port where access to the wharf required descent of a rather steep ramp. I assume this was an accident of the port, tides, etc. Two employees negotiated this ramp with a wheelchair-bound guest. So (1) it can be and is done and (2) it looked a bit hair-raising.

• Like 1

We did a combination of accessible ship tours. We reached out to shore excursions prior to boarding and they arranged what they could and then the onboard shore excursion manager did what he could. Other places we book tours with locals to go more in depth and also where Silversea could not accommodate us. 

as for steep ramps etc. just part of high/low tides. Everyone’s comfort level is different, for me it was fine. I don’t find it hair raising but can see how others do. 

check out my report above and you’ll see what we did where on our 71 day cruise.