Texting on the ship

2 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

Recent post asking pretty much the same question. You will find answers here:  

Same poster, exact same question. And the answers are the same. Pay $10 for the app texting (not sure how well that works), use the phone in your cabin or even just say 'hey, meet you in X at X time'. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

Recent post asking pretty much the same question. You will find answers here:  

The “recent post” is from the same OP. He obviously didn’t like the answers on the other thread. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Same poster, exact same question. And the answers are the same. Pay $10 for the app texting (not sure how well that works), use the phone in your cabin or even just say 'hey, meet you in X at X time'. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The “recent post” is from the same OP. He obviously didn’t like the answers on the other thread. 

lol. Wish I had noticed that before—my answer would have been dripping with sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since 2017, I’ve been able to send and receive iMessages when connected to the ship’s WiFi without paying for it.  No photos/video, but text goes through.  The only issues were if you didn’t realize your phone disconnected from wifi as you moved around the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rigs32 said:

Since 2017, I’ve been able to send and receive iMessages when connected to the ship’s WiFi without paying for it.  No photos/video, but text goes through.  The only issues were if you didn’t realize your phone disconnected from wifi as you moved around the ship.

When was the last time you tried this? It was not working on the Joy in June of this year. It looks like the iphone loophole has been closed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

When was the last time you tried this? It was not working on the Joy in June of this year. It looks like the iphone loophole has been closed.

I did it in February on the Encore. 

I've used my phones texting on MSC and I believe Princess with no charges using the ships WiFi too. One time I had my WiFi calling on and my phone rang, but I was afraid to answer it. I have an Android phone.

On 8/17/2024 at 5:29 PM, debenson0723 said:

January on the Pearl

On 8/15/2024 at 10:19 PM, BirdTravels said:

it could be that I didn’t see the post. I’m not getting notifications.

On 8/16/2024 at 5:53 AM, CruisnDeb said:

lol. Wish I had noticed that before—my answer would have been dripping with sarcasm.

What would I like about your answers? I didn’t see the post.

On 8/16/2024 at 5:53 AM, CruisnDeb said:

What would I like about your answers? I didn’t see the post.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question. I was aggravated because I had two of the same post but I couldn’t find it anywhere. And I know it’s all on me and it’s not my first time to use Cruise critic. But I did figure out how to find my post now. Sorry about the little snarky remarks I made to everyone. I tried to delete those, but for whatever reason I can’t do that either so anyway have a good night. 

• Haha 1

As always, the fact that imessage among phones works is an unintended feature, and may or may not be working, and may or may not stop working at any time.

Get an Internet package, or pay for NCL messaging. Or leave messages on cabin voicemail.

5 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

As always, the fact that imessage among phones works is an unintended feature, and may or may not be working, and may or may not stop working at any time.

Get an Internet package, or pay for NCL messaging. Or leave messages on cabin voicemail.

Do you purchase the NCL messaging through the app? I have the Internet package but it’s the 150 minute package I cannot justify the larger package.