Hideaway - updated price

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Assuming your information is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isn’t, one can conclude that people cruising out of Texas are willing to pay higher prices than people cruising out of Florida when it comes to Hideaway Beach (at least in the past). 

I think both Florida and Texas have great beaches available in season.

It is not like they have ski resorts and ice fishing as a specialty destination.

I have great beaches available to me throughout the year.

I enjoy Coco Cay and I am very happy to enjoy the included amenities and food.

I think the basic food included with Coco Cay has been superior to most of the Windjammer lunches I have enjoyed. Not that the Windjammer is in anyone extremely deficient, more that I do not need to pay any premium price on Coco Cay because that price does not significantly affect the food quality for one day on vacation.

I understand the cruise company is making more money from these add-ons. If people are willing to pay for it, it subsidizes my cruise and those who do not buy extras.

If it helps keep the ship economically afloat, have at it.

Thank you.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:47 PM, colesc15 said:

I noticed today that the "base price" for Hideaway on Coco cay shot up today on every upcoming cruise we have booked. Looks like the days of $19.99-$39.99 are gone and seems to be an average price of $69 pp now. It felt worth it at the lower price, but doesn't seem like it at $70. Stinks they took the dj away from oasis lagoon to try to get people to pay for Hideaway. 

I'm glad it's gone. Way to loud yo have a conversation.

On 8/19/2024 at 9:06 PM, SUgwoz said:

For many, people consider the removal of the DJ at the Oasis pool a positive. 

👍

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

North America travel costs are a total rip off. If you price out 4-5 star Europe/Asia/South American land travel itineraries they are less than a cruise. I have a ton of proof of this and have posted in various threads over the past few years.

That's disgusting.... but not surprising. The human psychology is that we all have to belong to a special "club"  to feel better about ourselves and pay to get into it. We all need to say "I payed for a better day than you peons over there in the free area". Royal is a king of exploiting this.

It's not just travel costs in North America.  Try going to Europe.  Flights, hotels, food, etc.  Many South America destinations also.

You're from BC.  Not exactly the most economical province.  Housing makes it a very expensive area to move to.  Demand pricing is the definition of the real estate market.  Location, location, location.

Hideaway and many other optional purchases will always have demand pricing.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Hideaway and many other optional purchases will always have demand pricing.  

Demand pricing and dynamic pricing are synonyms which are always compared to "supply and demand" pricing.

Everyone, everywhere, stop cruising for one year, I want a highly discounted cruise!

😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Demand pricing and dynamic pricing are synonyms which are always compared to "supply and demand" pricing.

Everyone, everywhere, stop cruising for one year, I want a highly discounted cruise!

😉

If someone could coordinate a stoppage of bookings for even just 1 day, prices would drop dramatically. Someone pulled this off for Game Stop stock, seems like it shouldn't be so hard to get people to hold onto their money and stop people from making reservations for one measly day 😂.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

😉

let me know which year and I’ll join you. 

doh! That defeats the purpose.  You first! 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

let me know which year and I’ll join you. 

doh! That defeats the purpose.  You first! 

Oh no sir, you first!

Oh no, no, no, sir, you first!

Unbelievable how polite we can be to save a buck!

🤣

• Haha 1