Cabin Liquor Choices

Sanibelle

When I went to fill in the guest registration forms for our upcoming Seaborn cruise, on the alcohol selection section, Cristal was listed. It is hard to believe that they offer Cristal Champagne alongside House Red Wind. Just a minor query, but does anyone know if Cristal is in fact one of the choices? This is our first experience on Seabourn but I think we are going to be very happy.

I believe it's Cristal vodka, not champagne. You will get so much champagne everywhere on the ship that you might want to choose something else for your mini-bar. For example, the first day we got a glass in the lounge while waiting to check-in. A glass from the stewardess when she came to introduce herself. A bottle in an ice bucket in your room. Finally, the waiters walked around the club during the pre-dinner hour with a tray of champagne glasses.

If you don't like the selection of the liquors, you can pencil in your choice. I chose Grey Goose vodka and Bombay Sapphire gin and they were waiting in the room.

Fooled me too for few weeks. Being a champagne drinker I had selected that too but the spelling of the name did not seem right and @ about $175.00 a bottle, I felt it was to good to be true. Contacted Seabourn and found it was a brand of Vodka. Ah well had to settle for Baileys.

Thank you for the clarification. A friend figured it out right after I had posted the question. We were ready to bring our own liquor and pack up the champagne to take home. We will just have to be content with drinking our Grey Goose vodka. Thanks again!

I wouldn't bring liquor as that would be a heavy addition to your luggage plus you are already paying for open bar. The only thing I missed was a good-quality tequila. They only had one brand (Sauza Blanco) and it did not have the flavor to be drunk as a digestif; only good in mixed drinks (i.e. Margaritas)! If you run out of something, your stewardess will replace it by request. If you have leftover opened bottles of liquor at the end of the cruise, you can place a note by it advising that it's a gift for your stewardess and she will be most appreciative. I don't believe their management will let them receive unopened bottles. I guess in the off-chance you have one, you can take it home with you:confused:

I don't believe their management will let them receive unopened bottles. I guess in the off-chance you have one, you can take it home with you:confused:

I hope johnnycruise's statement above is not correct. Being a guy who does not drink (I make up for it with my daily 4:00 p.m. caviar fix at the Sky Bar), I always leave my welcome aborad champagne (with a note stating my wishes) as a gift to my stewardess for keeping my suite shipshape during the voyage.

Host Dan, do you or anyone else know for sure if Seabourn's policy is not to allow the staff to receive a standard pasenger ammenity as a gift?

>"Host Dan, do you or anyone else know for sure if Seabourn's policy is not to allow the staff to receive a standard pasenger ammenity as a gift?"

I have been told by a Purser and by several of the stewardesses that they are unable to accept any sealed or unsealed 'Seabourn' liquor, even with a note designating it as a gift.

I have however, left a bottle of wine that I bought on a port trip to a vinyard in Provence.

Hmm,

It was my understanding that the staff can accept guest ameneties as gifts. On my last cruise a friend offered his bottle of champagne to the stewardess. She glady accepted the bottle! I've also heard that if you rip the label on unopened wine bottles, staff can accept these as well. (Not sure if thats true though)

Host Dan

>"Host Dan, do you or anyone else know for sure if Seabourn's policy is not to allow the staff to receive a standard pasenger ammenity as a gift?"

I have been told by a Purser and by several of the stewardesses that they are unable to accept any sealed or unsealed 'Seabourn' liquor, even with a note designating it as a gift.

I have however, left a bottle of wine that I bought on a port trip to a vinyard in Provence.

I asked the stewardess for another bottle of liquor on the 5th day of the 7-day cruise (we were having a good time:D ). We probably drank less than 1/4 of the new bottle. I asked her if she wanted it. She advised that she cannot take the opened bottle of liquor from the room herself, but the person who stocks the minibars at embarkation would give her the bottle if I left a signed note.

It does make me wonder what is done with all the opened bottles which are left in the room when the passenger disembarks. Maybe some people take them home with them but that sounds like a potential mess (as well as possibly illegal on an airplane). Would it be hygenic to use the opened bottles in the ships' bars?

(as well as possibly illegal on an airplane). Would it be hygenic to use the opened bottles in the ships' bars?

I've carried alcohol (some of it opened bottles) as carry-on and never had a problem. And, I don't want to drink liquor in a public bar that was opened in someone's room. All it takes is one bad incident.....

• 1 month later...

At the end of the first leg of our 55 day cruise, lots of our new friends asked if we wanted them to bring their "left over" liquor to our suite.....not wanting to be wasteful, we agreed this would be a good idea.....that night, every time we opened our door, there would be a couple more bottles there....(some are still in our "old" suite) We told one of the drink waiters, that if the Bar ran out of anything, just let us know....we could probably supply the Bar for a while!

The easiest way to leave your "liquor" (ONLY wine and beer) to the Crew is to tell the Purser and the Head of Housekeeping to send it to the Crew Bar.

Hard liquor is not allowed in the Crew Bar.

I usually take my extra bottle of Champagne and give it to my driver......taking me either to a hotel or to the airport. They are most appreciative.

MB

Adolfo, I do not know how they do it......perhaps their "date of birth?"

My Father use to say, "it's a %$# shame that youth is spent on the young!"

These sweet, hardworking young people are the true STARS of Seabourn! On my comment sheets I always try to NAME many of the Crew......as the sheets are indeed read.

Hugggzzz sent to Long Island,

MB

I always try to NAME many of the Crew......as the sheets are indeed read.

MB

Right MB, when I wrote the head of Silverseas about the poor service and food on my Whisper cruise, I only used job descriptions for poor service but listed the name and job of the people that did very well.

Archived