HAL Wine packages & cabin consumption

Navylab

I know if you have bottles of wine in your package(s) you order from the appropriate cellar list in the dining rooms but what if you want a bottle from your package for cabin consumption?

When I buy these packages (I plan to order 8 bottles from each list on day one of our 28 day cruise a total of 24 bottles) will I be given a list for each package and will I be able to order bottles for cabin consumption throughout the voyage from these packages via room service?

Can someone clarify how this would work?

2 minutes ago, Navylab said:

I know if you have bottles of wine in your package(s) you order from the appropriate cellar list in the dining rooms but what if you want a bottle from your package for cabin consumption?

When I buy these packages (I plan to order 8 bottles from each list on day one of our 28 day cruise a total of 24 bottles) will I be given a list for each package and will I be able to order bottles for cabin consumption throughout the voyage from these packages via room service?

Can someone clarify how this would work?

It's very easy.  Just ask any wine steward or bar steward to see the lists You don't have to specify where you want the bottles when you order the wine package.  If you're dining in the MDR or other restaurant you let your server know you have a wine package and would like to open (name the wine) then.  Or if you want a bottle (or even all of them) delivered to your cabin, they will deliver it/them to your cabin.  No need to go through room service, just let any wine steward or the Sommelier know.  We do this all the time, and always have a few bottles in our cabin from our packages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

FYI, the opposite also applies. If you purchase a package and have several bottles in your cabin but decide you want one in a restaurant your cabin steward will make sure it gets there.

I found this out by accident, I was leaving my cabin with a bottle in the early afternoon and my cabin steward asked about it. When I told him I was taking it to the Pinnacle Grill he assured me he would take care of it, and did.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Agree w/above....

That's the way we roll also....plus, after dinner, you can ask for a bottle "to go" and take it back to your cabin yourself. 

This is the easiest!

• Like 1