Laundry Service on Star Legend?

My wife and I have never sailed on Windstar (although we were on the old Seabourn Pride back in 2000---an earlier version of the current Star Pride). We're looking at some newly-released itineraries for Northern Europe in 2026, and we may book two back-to-backs totaling 27 nights. The Windstar website says something about complimentary laundry, but is silent as to the details. Does it mean free self-service laundry machines, or does it mean your room attendant picks it up and returns it a day or two afterward? If the latter, is there a limit on how often you can send out the laundry---once a week, once every cruise segment...? 

Thanks for any information you may have.

Jim

You have unlimited laundry which your attendant picks up and returns to you by the next day (sometimes the same day). You can send it out every day if you like and it comes back folded or ironed. They do an amazing job. We always send everything out at the end of the cruise and go home with clean folded clothes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, r&rd said:

You have unlimited laundry which your attendant picks up and returns to you by the next day (sometimes the same day). You can send it out every day if you like and it comes back folded or ironed. They do an amazing job. We always send everything out at the end of the cruise and go home with clean folded clothes.

Thanks! This is helpful. On such a long cruise, unlimited laundry makes packing so much easier. And I'm too old to be fighting the crowds in a self-service laundry room!

Jim

We've arrived on board and sent almost everything to the laundry after unpacking (long flights plus 4 days pre-cruise), sent in laundry every day and left with almost everything clean for our post-cruise stay. All covered by the package and never any complaints about it.

The only time there has been an issue was when we boarded in Aukland. Due to an unreasonable heavy storm, the ship came into Auckland the day before we boarded and then stayed in port until the day after we boarded. They couldn't discharge the grey water there and tanks were near capacity so the couldn't do laundry until we got out to see. So return of t g at first laundry was delayed a day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 10:43 PM, JimDee363636 said:

Thanks! This is helpful. On such a long cruise, unlimited laundry makes packing so much easier. And I'm too old to be fighting the crowds in a self-service laundry room!

Jim

On Windstar, there are no crowds anywhere.  It is not like the other cruise lines.   The laundry service is free and fast.  We put our laundry bag out when we go to breakfast. It usually is returned later same day or next morning.  They do laundry every day. On last full day of the cruise, I send out laundry. I have it folded. Just put in suitcase and go home. You can skip that laundry day after going home from a cruise.  Just flew home yesterday from a cruise, not Windstar. I am writing this in between loads of laundry. Next cruise is Windstar. 

• Like 1

@Redtravel

My wife and I are four-star with HAL, which means we get unlimited free laundry on their ships (among other benefits). But we also cruise on other lines where we don't have free laundry benefits, and boy! what a difference. With most lines, you either have to deal with the crowds in the self-service laundry rooms, or pay an exorbitant amount to have it done by the ship's laundry (e.g, $3.00 for a pair of socks, $7.00 for a t-shirt). And since I'm the "laundry guy" in our marriage, I'm the one who has to deal with those laundry room crowds, and some of them are tough crowds indeed!

This benefit is making Windstar look more and more attractive, especially since it's apparently available even to first-time Windstar cruisers. Thanks for the helpful information.

Jim

Laundry is free on sailings 14 nights or longer and any Star Collector sailings.  On shorter sailings I think it's $9.50 per day per stateroom for double occupancy which is a pretty good deal. 

• Like 1

The laundry service is the best we know 29 cruises. You can say “cold wash, hang dry “ done.  Comes back most of the time,  out by 8 back by 5. Incredible. Another great service on WS cruises. Happy Sailing

• Like 1