Saint Greg's return to Jubilee - Live - August 24, 2024

Posted (edited)

Remember last time the great debate as to whether or not this was L.A. or Honolulu? 

IMG_6441.thumb.jpeg.5debbbfd7c87bb0a54cba2f468ffd112.jpeg

Someone was reading. They all have labels now. I do beg to differ on L.A. being a Carnival home port. Now if they put Carnival Corp home port, I’d go with that.

IMG_6440.thumb.jpeg.a7b8c986065f325cb4115ba24f2fb3a3.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

All of the others are what I thought they were except the one I thought was Progreso. They have that as Cozumel. Chicken Itza is featured prominently in that one and unless things have changed, the only way you can see that from Cozumel is a tour that flys over it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

While I am NOT @Saint Greg....I'm jumping on board to answer....ABSOLUTELY NO....IMO it is the best way to travel.

Some people just can’t do it. Other than my dad and my grandfather, I’m the only one in my family that would do anything alone. My mom would be mortified if she knew I went to a movie alone…much less 300 of them. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 23

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Some people just can’t do it. Other than my dad and my grandfather, I’m the only one in my family that would do anything alone. My mom would be mortified if she knew I went to a movie alone…much less 300 of them. 

Some folks never learn how to be alone.  IMO it is mandatory for anyone BEFORE getting into a relationship.

Traveling alone is great, no worry about someone falling behind, getting lost, keeping up, decisions on where to eat, what to do, what $$$ is spent blah blah blah.

I lived alone for 8 years and the places I got to go and see were amazing.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 16

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Yeah. That bar should be open way more hours per day.  Donna up there last month was great when it was open. 

I was referring to the window not being open. But yeah the bar isn’t open much. But nobody would use it because there is no grand view because the window is closed. I have argued they should take that bar out and put in more tiered seating. There aren’t enough seats in that venue for the shows.

We could be watching sailaway out that huge window. But they want to have this ready 3 hours early so this is what you have to look at during sail away.

IMG_6456.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Some folks never learn how to be alone.  IMO it is mandatory for anyone BEFORE getting into a relationship.

Traveling alone is great, no worry about someone falling behind, getting lost, keeping up, decisions on where to eat, what to do, what $$$ is spent blah blah blah.

I lived alone for 8 years and the places I got to go and see were amazing.  Keep up the good work!

That's me! I never lived alone. Went from my parents house to a house with Tony, I think that is one of my problems!  I know  I need to venture out but it's tough taking those steps!

Hugs

Edited by princess76021
  • Like 14

Just now, princess76021 said:

That's me! I never lived alone. Went for. My parents house to a house with Tony, I think that is one of my problems!  I know  I need to venture out but it's tough taking those steps!

Hugs

That is where a support group will help you!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Haha. I think an alchemist is being slick trying to make it seem like she remembers me. She’s like “You were on this ship before right?” Yeah in February. She walks away. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t here in February. That was the first group the people I know that opened Mardi Gras and Celebration. Besides I was barely at this bar on that cruise. I did the menu at Dr. Inks and Golden mermaid first. I think I made it here on the last sea day. How did she know I was here you ask? The fun shops aren’t open yet.

IMG_6424.thumb.jpeg.f8f0e42ffd508e684b2a7ad88ffde761.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

While I am NOT @Saint Greg....I'm jumping on board to answer....ABSOLUTELY NO....IMO it is the best way to travel.

I have never done a solo. I desperately want to some time soon. I know I will love it

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Haha. I think an alchemist is being slick trying to make it seem like she remembers me. She’s like “You were on this ship before right?” Yeah in February. She walks away. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t here in February. That was the first group the people I know that opened Mardi Gras and Celebration. Besides I was barely at this bar on that cruise. I did the menu at Dr. Inks and Golden mermaid first. I think I made it here on the last sea day. How did she know I was here you ask? The fun shops aren’t open yet.

IMG_6424.thumb.jpeg.f8f0e42ffd508e684b2a7ad88ffde761.jpeg

I dunno-you have a very memorable face... 

• Haha 24

You know what I just noticed? They didn’t put any wine glasses in this room. And I just told Sue/Soup I didn’t need anything tonight. I was going to try to be nice and not walk around with a straw in my wine bottle this time but they aren’t helping me out.

IMG_6459.thumb.jpeg.1c4501c1f62f0c64ccc8785925a8415b.jpeg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.fc7e50436cce332774551791fc8a20d6.jpeg

I do have this I could use.

IMG_6461.thumb.jpeg.10dd5f314a2c9b86939c463a19af7650.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You know what I just noticed? They didn’t put any wine glasses in this room. And I just told Sue/Soup I didn’t need anything tonight. I was going to try to be nice and not walk around with a straw in my wine bottle this time but they aren’t helping me out.

IMG_6459.thumb.jpeg.1c4501c1f62f0c64ccc8785925a8415b.jpeg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.fc7e50436cce332774551791fc8a20d6.jpeg

I do have this I could use.

IMG_6461.thumb.jpeg.10dd5f314a2c9b86939c463a19af7650.jpeg

Go to any bar and ask for a wine glass. 😎

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I toy with the idea of vacationing by myself but anxiety takes over. What if I got hurt or sick all by myself. 

I have eaten alone at a restaurant, and have gone to the movies by myself. 

Last cruise husband wasn't feeling well and didn't want to have dinner. I liked the menu so I went to the MDR myself. It felt odd like everyone was looking at me in pity which I'm sure was not the case.

It helped that my servers were extra friendly and attentive and the head waiter person came and checked on me twice to ask was everything ok and did I need anything and patted me on the shoulder🙂

• Like 12

Bon voyage! I was waving you off today (well, you already left before I knew you were onboard). I

betting some of your ship pictures were taken from outside my hotel!

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4463.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

• Like 24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Go to any bar and ask for a wine glass. 😎

Yeah they just aren’t close by unless the lido ones have plastic ones. The other bars we’re talking 8-10 decks away…and I gotta do that round trip.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Coopers Hawk is not only a very good wine club, it is very good restaurants also.

11 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Agree! We go to the International Drive Orlando location when we're down there. 👍

We love the food AND sparkling wine at Cooper's Hawk! The closest one to us is at Waterford Lakes in Orlando so we don't get there too often. When we do go, I usually have at least a case waiting to pick up so that's always fun. But football season starts next week so that will get us over there! 🖤💛⚔️🏈

11 hours ago, blarko said:

But what is that?  Sleeping aid or alcohol? 🤷‍♀️

I thought it was something that once may have been alive. 😬

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Did you see the dolphins today? I always look for them in Galveston.

Well they sure didn't show up in Tampa last night either! 🐬

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah they just aren’t close by unless the lido ones have plastic ones. The other bars we’re talking 8-10 decks away…and I gotta do that round trip.

They usually only have the silly ones out on Lido, but better than nothing. 🤷‍♀️

image.png.8ef44bf6b3d436af97a58000e274a3e5.png

We have our grandsons here this weekend so I fell behind but I'm all caught up now! 🙂

• Like 7