Saint Greg's return to Jubilee - Live - August 24, 2024

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They filled up this dudes mug with big bock. I don’t know how they charge him for that…but that’s a couple beers.

IMG_7507.thumb.jpeg.cf949ac05e7f670006b4b1743e52f01b.jpeg

I am curious if that is the 32oz mason jar that has never been available to anyone. My last three cruises the P&A Bar said they had never seen the mason jars or growlers even though they have been on the menu. They will refill the mason jars with the Parched Pig brews....but you said that is the Bock. Interesting, maybe a mission for the day?

image.png.85e832a4f59f322112d5de9b9d40aaaa.png

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Occasionally you’ve got to step on a kid or two on this ship. Fine, whatever. It’s water off a ducks back. But last night was ridiculous.

It was about 12:30 am. After adult comedy. I’m taking the less crowded midship elevators up to the room 7 to 16. I’m listening for the ding not the ding dong. Ding is up. Ding dong is down. This time its a ding dong. Elevator opens. It’s going down. The other peole get in it. I think some of them may have been uppers.

A lot of people on this ship are getting into down elevators to go up on a regular basis. That’s how the elevator situation has been this week.

I’m the only one in the lobby now so I’m feeling good about my chances. I’m listening and I get the ding. Elevator opens and about 8 kids..I’m guessing 8-10 years old…are sitting on the floor of the elevator with their backs against the wall and their feet in the middle. They don’t have any buttons pushed. They’re just hanging out there.

I think they were expecting me to wait for another elevator. I was expecting them to let me in that one. When they didn’t, I made room for myself. 

It’s funny because Percy crews second pg show last night was called old school. And it was about how kids are now vs. when he was a kid. My bedtime was 8:30 back then. And there were no cruises. I know It’s nothing new but it’s crazy that kids are allowed to run wild on these ships that late.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 36
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

As much as I like being on lido deck and this room location, I might look into a lower deck if I ever book this class of ship again. You’re always going 6-16, 7-16, 8-16. It’s a long haul on the stairs. I would like to be less reliant on that elevator. They’ve moved everything late night down to deck 8..other than the movie. I really don’t need to be up here as much as I do on other ships. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

As much as I like being on lido deck and this room location, I might look into a lower deck if I ever book this class of ship again. You’re always going 6-16, 7-16, 8-16. It’s a long haul on the stairs. I would like to be less reliant on that elevator. They’ve moved everything late night down to deck 8..other than the movie. I really don’t need to be up here as much as I do on other ships. 

The elevators on the XL class are horrible. You have a valid point!!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Is it really that bad? I would think there’d be school field trips or something to make more than this.

IMG_7539.thumb.jpeg.c0e384471258e60e7f6c028934ce4a4f.jpeg

It was a resumption of a suspended game from the night before. Maybe they didn't allow that days ticket holders to come early for the suspended game? Or maybe nobody wanted to show up early?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, dctravel said:

It was a resumption of a suspended game from the night before. Maybe they didn't allow that days ticket holders to come early for the suspended game? Or maybe nobody wanted to show up early?

That might be an explanation. I see it frequently with football when they want to make someone’s attendance look worse than it really is they’ll show a picture of pre-game or halftime. But that first picture clearly looks like it’s during the game.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That might be an explanation. I see it frequently with football when they want to make someone’s attendance look worse than it really is they’ll show a picture of pre-game or halftime. But that first picture clearly looks like it’s during the game.

Oh, I agree. that does clearly look like it was during the game. The suspended game is the only explanation I can give. The resumption was during the day. I know this bc when I attended the Nats-Yankees game that day, I couldn't understand how the White Sox game was already over AND they had another coming up, unless it was a double header or resumed gamed. The White Sox have draw nearly 1.2 million this year, which is 27 out of 30, so it's not like they are the A's or the Marlins in that regard: https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

• Like 1

I left my dnd sign off so sue or soup can hopefully deliver my last load of laundry early.

I used to have envelopes for these but at some point the heat sealed all of them. For the most part it hasn’t been a problem but on spirit Stewart just put it on the desk. He wouldn’t take it since his name wasn’t on it.

IMG_7645.thumb.jpeg.4800e3efb5a11358f223b4688c00e7aa.jpeg

• Like 8

Don’t think I’ve mentioned it but Evie has been making my morning screwdrivers at Tides most of the week. With me staying on lido and it not being crowded here, it’s been convenient to get a couple here then head down to Marina for coffee. 

IMG_7647.thumb.jpeg.0951f55d32135649d35b549ac661bd84.jpeg

IMG_7648.thumb.jpeg.1088fc7be5d2425589602465de8feaba.jpeg

IMG_7652.thumb.jpeg.831677708f340f5dcfa476ddfce1bdff.jpeg

IMG_7651.thumb.jpeg.71e5b95d339eb0910d727e0e67700d39.jpeg

• Like 14

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Is it really that bad? I would think there’d be school field trips or something to make more than this.

IMG_7539.thumb.jpeg.c0e384471258e60e7f6c028934ce4a4f.jpeg

The town of Bethel, NY has called to say let's put all this current talk about crowd size to rest! 😉

Screenshot2024-08-30103313.thumb.png.af647a2d0915f2b73a860711bd9d7163.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Riles34 said:

I am curious if that is the 32oz mason jar that has never been available to anyone. My last three cruises the P&A Bar said they had never seen the mason jars or growlers even though they have been on the menu. They will refill the mason jars with the Parched Pig brews....but you said that is the Bock. Interesting, maybe a mission for the day?

image.png.85e832a4f59f322112d5de9b9d40aaaa.png

Oh so maybe that’s what that was? An 8.95 mason jar refill? That’s a good deal if you’re paying by the drink 

• Like 8

I just saw some rule enforcement here. A lady tried to get a shot of woodford on another ladies card “where is she?” She’s in the bed. “She needs to be here to get alcohol.” 

That seemed nefarious. Coffee is one thing. Someone is still in bed I doubt you’re bringing them a shot of woodford.

• Like 9
  • Haha 11

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I just saw some rule enforcement here. A lady tried to get a shot of woodford on another ladies card “where is she?” She’s in the bed. “She needs to be here to get alcohol.” 

That seemed nefarious. Coffee is one thing. Someone is still in bed I doubt you’re bringing them a shot of woodford.

Correct it's not your typical choice as a morning mouthwash for most people.

Screenshot2024-08-30111726.thumb.png.31f83701606fc562993f7b016566a38f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Posted (edited)

Guest services line. Empty for diamond platinum. The regular line is down to beach buns. People found out they are being charged gratuities on all those kids.

IMG_7663.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 23