Fam of 4 (2 teens) in a sky suite on Icon...

Hi everyone, 

I have a 2026 icon cruise booked with a sky junior suite for our family of 4... my husband and I along with our 17 and 15 year old (ages when we embark this cruise) teen boys. They are def adult size even now, never mind 2026. 
I didnt want to book two rooms because I wanted us all to get sky perks without having the expense of booking two sky level suites. 
Am I wishful thinking at this point that we will all fit into a sky jr suite room? From the room reviews it looks like the couch is so close to the end of the bed. I'm not sure if the room review videos I have seen have couches that do not pull out to a bed. 
I am seriously considering upgrading to a sunset corner suite which comes along with an extra 3800 price tag and is not in the suite neighborhood obviously...or even a grand suite perhaps which is about 2300 more. The sunset corner suite looks like it would be the obvious choice because of the deck size and room size but I am trying to imagine being in the aft of an Icon class. A pro of being in the suite neighborhood and all being in one room is that there are restrooms very close by if someone really needed to use the bathroom at the same time as someone else. 

anyone who has experience with this who could help me with offering their opinions would be so appreciated!! Also any one that has been in any of these rooms on Icon that could share some thoughts would be great too! Thanks in advance 🙂 

I one bedroom grand suite would be more space but it is still one bathroom and the kids on a pullout. My teens are the same ages as yours will be at sailing and them sharing a bed does not make for a good vacation. If it is $2300 for the 2 bedroom, I would consider that an ok deal but my budget makes suites a hard pass and we just get 2 balconies, though Sky class would be nice. There is also the chance of Royal Up bids as well, as the date gets closer. From reading reviews though, don't go for the surfside family suites as they are built for smaller kids.

1 hour ago, SunsetsNSmiles said:

Hi everyone, 

I have a 2026 icon cruise booked with a sky junior suite for our family of 4... my husband and I along with our 17 and 15 year old (ages when we embark this cruise) teen boys. They are def adult size even now, never mind 2026. 
I didnt want to book two rooms because I wanted us all to get sky perks without having the expense of booking two sky level suites. 
Am I wishful thinking at this point that we will all fit into a sky jr suite room? From the room reviews it looks like the couch is so close to the end of the bed. I'm not sure if the room review videos I have seen have couches that do not pull out to a bed. 
I am seriously considering upgrading to a sunset corner suite which comes along with an extra 3800 price tag and is not in the suite neighborhood obviously...or even a grand suite perhaps which is about 2300 more. The sunset corner suite looks like it would be the obvious choice because of the deck size and room size but I am trying to imagine being in the aft of an Icon class. A pro of being in the suite neighborhood and all being in one room is that there are restrooms very close by if someone really needed to use the bathroom at the same time as someone else. 

anyone who has experience with this who could help me with offering their opinions would be so appreciated!! Also any one that has been in any of these rooms on Icon that could share some thoughts would be great too! Thanks in advance 🙂 

Same bed for the 3rd and 4th guest regardless of the room.  I know my kids would not be happy sleeping on the pull out sofa.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same bed for the 3rd and 4th guest regardless of the room.  I know my kids would not be happy sleeping on the pull out sofa.

My boys have shared sofa pull outs for all our cruises but this February we have a 2 bedroom family suite on Oasis so I am sure they won't want to share a sofa anymore either... not that they ever "wanted" to but more like the only option 😂 

As far as booking another room...There isn't any rooms even near our sky suite that I could put them in... and I don't fancy the idea of letting them stay on a different floor than us. 
And as far as the bathroom situation goes, I think the only 1.5 or 2 baths are in star class rooms which is way out of my league. 
I am thinking we will just either have to stay in the sky jr class together or bump up to a Grand for the extra room. Both rooms have public restrooms very close by. 
oh - and I could never do one of the family suites .. I need my balcony facing the ocean! 

Posted (edited)

Maybe a 2BR Grand Suite would work, if not a lot more $$?

Oops we posted at the same time!

If you can afford the upgrade, the 2BR GS would be a better fit IMO! Happy cruising!

Edited by SilkySal
add

7 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Maybe a 2BR Grand Suite would work, if not a lot more $$?

Oops we posted at the same time!

If you can afford the upgrade, the 2BR GS would be a better fit IMO! Happy cruising!

Is there any 2 bedroom grand suites on Icon? Even the Icon loft would have a pull out sofa it looks like.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SunsetsNSmiles said:

Is there any 2 bedroom grand suites on Icon? Even the Icon loft would have a pull out sofa it looks like.

Maybe you might consider two Sky Class Jr Suites or too much $$? Or one Sky Class Jr suite and one regular room next door? Anyway, good luck!

Guess I was wrong about the 2BR GS but found this info for you:

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/icon-of-the-seas-suites/

Does Icon of the Seas Have 2-Bedroom Suites?

Icon of the Seas does have 2-bedroom suites. These include the Ultimate Family Townhouse (2 bedrooms – sleeps up to 😎 and the Royal Loft Suite (2 bedrooms, sleeps up to 6). Surfside Family Suites have a nook with a pullout bed for kids, acting as a second bedroom space.

Edited by SilkySal
add

Thank you so much for looking that up for me! 

Sky Jr suites are already all sold out so I couldn't even price it out. 
I just went ahead and emailed my travel agent in hopes she can switch me up to a Grand suite... I watched a bunch of you tube room reviews and at least there is space enough for a dividing curtain for the sofa bed and regular bed... and two televisions and the balcony has a dining table for four people versus the jr sky suite table for two. 

my family thinks I am bonkers for thinking into detail so much for future vacations... but they don't complain once we are on them 😂 

10 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Maybe you might consider two Sky Class Jr Suites or too much $$? Or one Sky Class Jr suite and one regular room next door? Anyway, good luck!

Guess I was wrong about the 2BR GS but found this info for you:

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/icon-of-the-seas-suites/

Does Icon of the Seas Have 2-Bedroom Suites?

Icon of the Seas does have 2-bedroom suites. These include the Ultimate Family Townhouse (2 bedrooms – sleeps up to 😎 and the Royal Loft Suite (2 bedrooms, sleeps up to 6). Surfside Family Suites have a nook with a pullout bed for kids, acting as a second bedroom space.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Very glad to help! I am a future planner as well. Our cruises are scheduled through April of 2026 and I am anxiously awaiting for the 2026 Fall cruises to be posted!! I check our booked cruises everyday for price drops and sales. I asked hubby if I was too obsessed and he said, "Nope, you always save me money by watching our reservations, so carry on!" LOL! 

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

Just now, SilkySal said:

Very glad to help! I am a future planner as well. Our cruises are scheduled through April of 2026 and I am anxiously awaiting or the 2026 Fall cruises to be posted!! I check our booked cruises everyday for price drops and sales. I asked hubby if I was too obsessed and he said, "Nope, you always save me money by watching our reservations, so carry on!" LOL! 

I do the very same!!! I can not wait for fall 26 to come out either 😂 I love checking for price drops and sale prices. It is like a little game and I get so happy when I "win" with a better price!! 
Happy cruising... and cruise planning!!!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, SunsetsNSmiles said:

If I was sailing with two teenage boys, the only perk I'd need would be a separate room from them! Connecting rooms would be fine, but I remember how messy I was as a teen boy!! Sharing a room with two tornados 🤔, no thank you 🤣🤣🤣

P.S. This is not a reflection of your sons! I'm generalizing teen boys as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

We are two adults and found the surfside family suite horrible.  It is small with no storage.  Unless you have a toddler the 1/2 room much too small. The split bathroom toilet side tiny

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are two adults and found the surfside family suite horrible.  It is small with no storage.  Unless you have a toddler the 1/2 room much too small. The split bathroom toilet side tiny

Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Thank you for the heads up! I ended up booking a grand suite and will hope for the best 😂 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SunsetsNSmiles said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Thank you for the heads up! I ended up booking a grand suite and will hope for the best 😂 

On other royal ships, grand suites fine.  Perhaps the same on the icon. 

• Like 1