Why was my cabin changed “due to operational guidelines”

RandS

10 hours ago, RandS said:

Semi-related question:

Do I need a new medallion now that my cabin has changed?

I had already received my medallion before the cabin reassignment. 

In the Princess app it now says to pick up my medallion at check-in.

The original medallion should work. They can reprogram the medallions for your new cabin. On my cruise in June on the Island, my medallion was able to access three different cabins for a little while--my original cabin, a temporary cabin that a supervisor moved me to at 5 a.m. after my cabin flooded, and my new cabin assignment after they determined they could not make the flooded cabin habitable in a day. I noticed the medallion still opened my original cabin the next day, so I walked by the temporary cabin and it opened that one as well. 

On 8/25/2024 at 9:41 AM, Iamcruzin said:

To add insult to injury it costs more to pick your own cabin. I would want a refund of the difference in price if they pick it in the end. 

Princess charges to choose your cabin are quite reasonable, on a Celebrity Cruises cruise i am looking at they want over £700 from me so I can choose my cabin!

4 hours ago, Boku said:

Princess charges to choose your cabin are quite reasonable, on a Celebrity Cruises cruise i am looking at they want over £700 from me so I can choose my cabin!

Overall I find Princess to be less than Celebrity and Royal. I booked Princess for Europe spring 2026 with 40% off and 3rd Passenger free. I decided to invite my son to come along. Celebrity hasn't even released Spring/Summer 2026 yet and Prices for 2025 are too high especially if you add in Drinks and WiFi. I did get a good residents rate for the end of September for a quick 4 night cruise on Reflection.