On Board Booking Discount

On our previous cruises SB have always offered a special discount if you booked a future cruise onboard - and then would pass your booking to your TA for further discounts. This was at minimum of 5% and was separate from the 5% discount that a Future Cruise deposit gives you. Has SB stopped doing this? We are currently on board Sojourn and was told that there was no onboard booking discount available - only the discounts that were generally advertised and available to all!

Anyone else experienced this change in policy - or is the Future Cruise Consultant trying to maximise their revenue?

20 minutes ago, caviarforme said:

On our previous cruises SB have always offered a special discount if you booked a future cruise onboard - and then would pass your booking to your TA for further discounts. This was at minimum of 5% and was separate from the 5% discount that a Future Cruise deposit gives you. Has SB stopped doing this? We are currently on board Sojourn and was told that there was no onboard booking discount available - only the discounts that were generally advertised and available to all!

Anyone else experienced this change in policy - or is the Future Cruise Consultant trying to maximise their revenue?

I was on the sojourn recently, late July to mid august.  I was aware of an additional discount beyond the 5% discount that the Future Cruise deposit gives you.  The additional discounts,  don’t recall the %, where on the newly revised 2025/2026 Quest voyages that hadn’t been released to the public at that time.  While sailing last year at the same time, we did get a significant % discount plus 5% on a summer 2025 cruise that hadn’t  been released to the public. I was hoping the summer 2026 cruises would be available to book when we were on a few weeks ago but they weren’t at that time as well as now.

hence, based in my recent sojourn experience, the Future Cruise Consultant was not maximizing seabourns revenue. 

nancy

• Like 1

I seem to recall reading in the paperwork delivered to our suite that our future cruise deposit would include a 5% discount.  Otherwise, why would we bother to give SB $1,000 early as a deposit on a future cruise if there was not a incentiver for us?

On 8/25/2024 at 8:25 PM, CLOU said:

We were on the Quest in June and were able to put down the same $500/person deposit for an open booking 5% discount.

The Future Cruise Deposit of US500 or GBP 250 still gives you 5% whoever you book through. However there use to be a 5% on board booking additional discount for booking on board. The booking would then  be passed to your TA to discount further. On board Sojourn they have now confirmed that this on board booking discount has ceased, they say they offer other discounts before they are offered to the general public, but in my case the only knes offered were those I had already received emails about.

So I now see no advantage to booking on board. The future cruise deposit us still worth paying, but booking on board us a thing of the past for me

• Thanks 1