Silver Ray embarkation Venice

westmount

I just received my final documents from Silverseas for the second time in three weeks, and it looks like the only difference is they took out the little note ( but very important) message that embarkation would be at the ship and possibly not at the Venice Cruise Terminal. I am checking on that today, but it would seem odd that no notice was attached, and only the missing little line at the bottom was missing . I'm sure half the passengers will go to the Venice Port terminal if in fact the note was meant to tell us the old instructions were no longer valid. 

Hopefully they will clarify the situation shortly, and I just thought I would mention it. 

Looking forward to a great trip, but first I have to find the boat. 

Westmount 

Ditto for us for our cruise on the Moon.  And just recently the guy that runs CruiseReport also mentioned this in his video.  However, as his blog indicates for his Silver Ray voyage of Aug 5, he was brought to Marittima (the old Venice passenger port) for check-in, then bussed over to Fusina.  Fusina is over in the commercial port area of Marghera and may not be set up for passenger embarkation.  This is what we are expecting.  

We are leaving on September 5th with the Silver Ray and have booked the "Port to Port" package. I haven't received any new information yet. I'm a bit confused about which terminal I need to go to. My travel documents say Terminal Marittima. I'll ask my travel agent tomorrow.

We've just received an email from Silversea (for our embarkation on Moon on the 6th) saying that Fusina terminal will be open for embarkation "contrary to the original procedure at the Marittima Cruise Terminal, from which a 25-minute bus journey was required to embark the ship in Fusina".

• Thanks 1

I haven't received the clarification notice yet, but I gather it is much better for those getting off the ship than for those getting on. Fusina hasn't moved yet, thus it becomes a 25 minute ride for us to take care rather than Silverseas to deal with, the adventure  begins a bit earlier than expected. 

• Like 1

I just received the SilverSea email, also.  It confirms embarkation directly at the (new?) Fusina Terminal for our voyage.  If you have D2D, SS is adjusting the transportation for you.  If you have P2P, they provide the terminal address.

Now comes the big question as I received the notice. Do I go early to the ship in Fusina , drop the bags if possible and take the ferry to Venice, or visit Venice from my airport hotel and return to the hotel to go to the ship in the afternoon?

Will Siverseas take the bags before 2 PM? 

The new cruise terminal in Fusina was inaugurated today. The first cruise ship to dock there will be the SilverRay on September 5th.
Here are some reports with photos and videos from the Italian media.

Video

Photos

This is a big change as fusina was a commercial port that did not permit walking around, independent arrival, etc.  Folks who stay first in Venice will have a trip but perhaps the cruise line will hrlp w these arrabementd.

• 2 weeks later...

Like you, we'll experience it Friday.  We did D2D, however, so we're not making our own arrangements.  I did post in the other thread that there is a line 16 vaporetto that goes to the port.  I just did not see where to purchase tickets

https://www.visit-venice-italy.com/water-bus-venice-line-16.html

Edited by Winemaker_1