In UK----Cannot Upgrade Old Premier To New---Has Anyone In UK

daveoc

As per title i am in the UK and on Sky shortly with old Premier package. I would like to upgrade to new Premier but i cannot seem to do it. On the app there is a link saying 'Upgrade' but clicking it just takes me to a page showing that i have purchased the old package.

Last week i tried to do it via chat but after trying they told there was a problem with the code in the UK and to try again next week. So i tried again today, this time by phone, and they said the same thing, a problem with the code, so try again next week.

Has anyone in the UK been able to upgrade an existing Premier package?.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, daveoc said:

As per title i am in the UK and on Sky shortly with old Premier package. I would like to upgrade to new Premier but i cannot seem to do it.

Hi...we sail soon from the UK....what are the benefits of the new Premier over the "old" one?
And unlimited special dining......does the upgrade guarantee you can book a table?

I have read about unlimited drinks but I don't think that will make us upgrade.
Is the cost an extra £10 per day?

Edited by gah_cruise

8 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

Hi...we sail soon from the UK....what are the benefits of the new Premier over the "old" one?
And unlimited special dining......does the upgrade guarantee you can book a table?

The changes in Premier include unlimited specialty dining and unlimited drinks, $20 and under.  

No, there's no guarantees that you'll have a table. Book as early as you can. 

8 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

I'd keep calling, or escalate to someone higher up to get.it sorted out.  It's ridiculous that they can't do it yet. 

Or have your TA do it for you...(Should you have one).

Just an update as I now have an answer as to why I cannot book and I guess it might impact a few other people.

I spoke to a very helpful young lady in the UK and she spent a long time finding out what the problem was. What she found was that when we booked our cruise there was a promotion of Premier for the price of Plus. As we have this promotion we were blocked from upgrading to the new Premier.

Not the outcome we hoped for, but at least we now know why we cannot upgrade.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, daveoc said:

Just an update as I now have an answer as to why I cannot book and I guess it might impact a few other people.

I spoke to a very helpful young lady in the UK and she spent a long time finding out what the problem was. What she found was that when we booked our cruise there was a promotion of Premier for the price of Plus. As we have this promotion we were blocked from upgrading to the new Premier.

Not really acceptable though. If you are happy to pay extra for the new Premier then why not?

36 minutes ago, daveoc said:

If you booked with a TA, I’d still ask if they could do it.  If not, I’d try once OB.

I probably will try again once I am onboard as it seems the UK computer system is set up to simply say 'no' in my circumstances. Also it will be cheaper in $ if I can get it.

But you like me never paid for Premier, we only paid for Plus, so the cost to upgrade to enhanced Premier would be @ £25 per day. That would commit you to an awful lot of SD. I quite like the buffet when I've filled up, usually after three days or so.

5 hours ago, rowingmachine said:

But you like me never paid for Premier, we only paid for Plus, so the cost to upgrade to enhanced Premier would be @ £25 per day. That would commit you to an awful lot of SD. I quite like the buffet when I've filled up, usually after three days or so.

I disagree----i did pay for the Premier package, it's just that at the time of purchase the price was the same as Plus, but it was the Premier package that i purchased as confirmed on my booking.

Semantics maybe.