Princess double points promo 2024

I think you were overseas when they first announced this.

My first preference would be to get a $50 discount instead. Second preference would be $50 OBC. Even as a plus passenger, this promo is worthless to us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Even as a plus passenger, this promo is worthless to us.

Once you are Elite, points become pretty pointless. A few years ago Princess killed the loyalty OBC, which was the only reason to keep counting after you reached Elite.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Once you are Elite, points become pretty pointless. A few years ago Princess killed the loyalty OBC, which was the only reason to keep counting after you reached Elite.

Yep. Extra days just = most cruised lunches, but that isn't much of a prize. In the end, it is just a promo trying to get newer cruisers to change loyalty, so I guess that is their target. For those who already have the benefits, if everyone gets priority and laundry, nobody really gets priority and laundry. 

A better product should drive loyalty, not quirky little promos. I mentioned to Barb on Monday that loyalty sucked around our choice of coffee, because of app perks and 10th coffee free stuff. We just presume we like them more, even though there are 7 other places we could try in the shopping centre. It is refreshing to ignore the perks and try something new from time to time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arxcards said:

Extra days just = most cruised lunches, but that isn't much of a prize

Might be even less of a prize now as there is some debate on the Princess board as to whether the MTP lunches have been dropped in favour of a cocktail event with the officers.

But you're right this promo means nothing to cruisers already at the top level.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Might be even less of a prize now as there is some debate on the Princess board as to whether the MTP lunches have been dropped in favour of a cocktail event with the officers.

But you're right this promo means nothing to cruisers already at the top level.

I don't begrudge anyone earning a loyalty status and getting their perks. After all, there are plenty of Aussie cruisers who gained their elite status from a 10-pound pom or P&O cruise history, followed by a Princess 2-nighter.

That is as long as Princess can cater for the numbers and still deliver on a promise. Elite & suite valet laundry used to be 1 day, and now it is common to be a 3-day turnaround. Priority boarding used to be for a handful of suites (as for Sun/Dawn/Sea) plus Captains Circle Platinum and above. Now add dozens of extra suites, premier package, double credits - maybe they do need an extra tier.