Barcelona Post-Cruise Tour Help - October 2024

Hello. Arriving in Barcelona on Sunday, October 20 on the Escape and looking for a tour that has port pickup and hotel dropoff. Waited too long and Shore Excursions Group, Spain Day Tours and Viator all have seemingly no availability.

I have posted in the Roll Call, but haven't had responses yet, so thought I would post here and see if anyone had suggestions, or by some miracle had a group tour they were still looking to fill with 2 spots.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, TJF1 said:

Hello. Arriving in Barcelona on Sunday, October 20 on the Escape and looking for a tour that has port pickup and hotel dropoff. Waited too long and Shore Excursions Group, Spain Day Tours and Viator all have seemingly no availability.

I have posted in the Roll Call, but haven't had responses yet, so thought I would post here and see if anyone had suggestions, or by some miracle had a group tour they were still looking to fill with 2 spots.

Thank you!

Take a taxi to the hotel and drop off your luggage.  Sign up for a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter with https://runnerbeantours.com/tours/free-tours-barcelona-gothic-quarter/

We did this  Runnerbean Tour a couple of weeks ago on the recommendations of posters on Cruise Critic. It was really excellent - well paced with the right amount of history and humour. They also do a Gaudi walking tour, which we plan to do next time. 

7 hours ago, Scottishclover said:

We did this  Runnerbean Tour a couple of weeks ago on the recommendations of posters on Cruise Critic. It was really excellent - well paced with the right amount of history and humour. They also do a Gaudi walking tour, which we plan to do next time. 

Glad you enjoyed your tour.  Just a comment on the Gaudi tour.  It does not visit the interiors of any of the venues which are just as amazing, if not more, than the exteriors.  It ends at the Sagrada Familia, so at least get your tickets ahead of time to stay there at the end of the tour.  (Check the times.)  Hopefully, you will have time to visit one or more of the others.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many private tour operators will be unable to pick you up at the port and drop you at the hotel ( my understanding is that this is due to taxi regulations) but booking a tour from your hotel or a central meeting point should be possible. 

I am thinking the same thing as some other posters.  Take a taxi to the hotel and even if your room isn't ready, they will hold your luggage. Then you can do Runnerbean or take a taxi to one of the other sites (Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Gaudi houses).

Barcelona Day Tours advertise that they can pick you up at the port, tour, and take you to your hotel.  Is this not true?  I had thought to purchase a transfer/tour with them.  Please let me know.

3 hours ago, georgiacat said:

Barcelona Day Tours advertise that they can pick you up at the port, tour, and take you to your hotel.  Is this not true?  I had thought to purchase a transfer/tour with them.  Please let me know.

They do. Unfortunately this date is fully booked.