LIVE: 🇧🇲 Visions of Pink Sands 8/31 - 9/5 🇧🇲

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Beautiful beach photos. Really makes me want to make the trek across the pond to visit .

Sooooo jealous 

Vision is also looking in great shape for an older ship 🚢 👌 

Thank you.  
She has been kept very well.  She shows her age in places but still a very nice looking ship.  I’d sail on her again without hesitation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

They don’t look comfortable to me either. I would also have a very hard time getting out of them! 

Good thing that’s not the only way to get to the beach! I’d never get there and if I did, I’d never get back off the beach. The sad thing is that a much younger me would have thought that trail was fun. 

No it’s not.  This route was totally voluntary.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

These inflatable loungers do not look comfortable at all to me.🤔

I have no first hand experience but I agree for several reasons.  The thought of wet skin on that plastic in the heat makes me cringe for some reason.  Also I feel like I would sink in too much and just sit in a pool of my own sweat.  No thanks.  They did have some regular style ones too.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last time we were there, we walked down to glass beach.

IMG_7347.thumb.jpeg.3fb4a16ad8962a94223c6d75a2eeea2a.jpeg

I was always wondering how that road got that name.  Maybe you could ask around.  Inquiring minds want to know. 😁

Do you remember how long of a walk it was?  Might be something to try.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last time we were there, we walked down to glass beach.

IMG_7347.thumb.jpeg.3fb4a16ad8962a94223c6d75a2eeea2a.jpeg

I was always wondering how that road got that name.  Maybe you could ask around.  Inquiring minds want to know. 😁

Just catching that question as I read the map.  😬  Horny Bermudians??  I’ll see what i can find out🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Do you remember how long of a walk it was?  Might be something to try.

I had to go back to my old Grandeur review.  It says it is 1.2 miles.  I remember there were sidewalks part of the way, and just road part of the way.  

I was sad to see that many of the photos were not showing up from that old review.  I was also doing some Periscopes from that time.   Too bad the internet wasn’t better in those days.  Periscopes would have been much better.

7 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Your wish is my command. Celebrate the 4th on the high seas with you and Courtney? 😍 What's your take on big ships v small ships? 

Love them all. I get just as excited for the Vision as I do the Symphony. 

And Baltimore sailings are our favorites - crab cakes pre and post cruise (Pappas in Glen Burnie is our post cruise tradition), Cruise Maryland is the best, Bermuda, Schooner Bars with ACTUAL windows, etc. 

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Cruise Maryland is the best, Bermuda, Schooner Bars with ACTUAL windows, etc. 

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻This!

Agree.  While we sail mostly Freedom class and below we have been in Oasis when it was newer and didn’t feel the need to continue with that size ship. 

I will say I have Wonder scheduled for Feb.  2025 for B2.  Quick Shout out to Bella peeps!! 🍻  We will see if my thoughts change in about 6 months after sailing Wonder.

I slightly miss having a Pub & Promenade but it’s not a dealbreaker.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Great stuff Steel City. Loving this thread so far. I need to read your Virgin one since we’re probably doing that for the first time this December. 

Thanks !  I’m so glad ppl appreciate the live reviews.

Def check it out.  I tried to make a lot of RC comparisons for my RC friends.  I’ll try to scrounge up the link.  We will be going again with the same crew of friends  on VV in March 2025.  It’s a great time and nice change of pace.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

And Baltimore sailings are our favorites - crab cakes pre and post cruise (Pappas in Glen Burnie is our post cruise tradition), Cruise Maryland is the best, Bermuda, Schooner Bars with ACTUAL windows, etc. 

Hmmm. I've done Grandeur and Enchantment. My favorite is the Oasis class, I haven't done the bumper cars class, whatever that's called, Wonder? I'm actually thinking of doing some kind of B2B on Vision. July 3 will be hot as Hades, you know your girl doesn't do heat very well, I'm too fluffy! 😂

• Haha 1