Taxi Trondheim

Hello, arriving 27/09 at 1200.  Want to visit the Nidaros Cathedral.   Due to the ship’s arrival time, we would need to go  immediately to the cathedral, so a taxi is the choice.  I’ve downloaded  the app and registered with Trondertaxi.  The app doesn’t seem to recognize the Nidaros Catheral or the  cruise port.  Am I using the wrong words?  Any advice?  Other options?  

Thank you. 

On my 2022 visit, I used the ship's shuttle bus into town and walked back to the cruise port - can not help with taxi directions [had a light lunch at the Cathedral shop]. I would hope any taxi driver would know about the Cathedral even if the app has problems.

The visit Trondheim site has a cathedral page [https://visittrondheim.no/en/activities-attractions/sightseeing/nidaros-cathedral/] and that page has a google maps link under 'directions'

The cruise ship terminal address is Havnegata 12, 7010 Trondheim, Norway and the Clarion hotel  is adjacent - perhaps the app will accept either for the starting location.

The cathedral address appears to be Kongsgårdsgata 2, 7013 Trondheim, Norway 

An alternate is a museum just north of the Archbishop's Palace Bispegata 7b, 7013 Trondheim, Norway [stop and pet the wolf stature 🙂 ]

Posted (edited)

I believe you can use your current position when using the app for booking -

the Norwegian word for cruise terminal  is ‘Cruisekaia’. 
The cathedral is Nidarosdomen.

Price one way is NOK 210. Pay using credit card.

IMG_8709.jpeg

Edited by hallasm