Perks in CC-Suites

lauterbogen

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, lauterbogen said:

On the actual Webside no spirits are announced as perks in the suites.

Does anyone received the bottle/bottles at recent cruises? What do they offer?

thanks 

Christof

The butler will present you with a list of spirits which you can pick one bottle per person. He will than deliver your choice to your room.

Edited by Belfastman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belfastman said:

The butler will present you with a list of spirits which you can pick one bottle per person. He will than deliver your choice to your room.

I understood it to be one bottle per suite, not per person.

• Like 1

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

I understood it to be one bottle per suite, not per person.

It is one bottle per suite, irrespective of the length of the cruise.

I assume, but do not know, that there will be a second bottle at the commencement of a B2B, and so on...

• Like 1

When I've stayed in a P1 there were four 375ml bottles in the cabin.  They were what I consider one step above bottom shelf such as Stoli's Vodka, JW Red scotch and Barardi Rum.  Are those the same types offered the suite guests or do they receive better quality liquor?

If you upgrade to the Ultimate package can you ask the butler for cocktails or are suite guests required to run to the bar themselves to obtain their preferred brands?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

Having done this year's world cruise I confirm that it is one bottle per segment.

Expecting two people in a suite, with different tastes, to consume the same liquor brand is certainly not the "Luxe Life."   Nor is it in the best interest of the suite guests but Azamara just going cheap..That is not even a perceived value.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

28 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

When I've stayed in a P1 there were four 375ml bottles in the cabin.  They were what I consider one step above bottom shelf such as Stoli's Vodka, JW Red scotch and Barardi Rum.  Are those the same types offered the suite guests or do they receive better quality liquor?

If you upgrade to the Ultimate package can you ask the butler for cocktails or are suite guests required to run to the bar themselves to obtain their preferred brands?

That has changed.

You are presented with a printed sheet on which you indicate your selected spirit. For example, the choice of gins recently was either Beefeater or Gordon's. On our cruise a few days ago we chose the Gordon's and the butler brought a 1-litre bottle.

We would not presume to ask the butler to get our cocktails for us, which means that I cannot provide further information on this aspect of the service.

26 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Expecting two people in a suite, with different tastes, to consume the same liquor brand is certainly not the "Luxe Life."   Nor is it in the best interest of the suite guests but Azamara just going cheap..That is not even a perceived value.

Each to his own.

Our only reservation about the spirits is that you are given the same quantity whether the cruise be 7 days or 21 days.

The reality is that is Azamara is not a six-star product.

In my opinion Azamara is lower high-end (but not Luxe), competing with several other lines of similar quality.

And, indeed, if you are prepared to take an interior in the bowels of the ship, you can enjoy Azamara at a remarkably low price with very few sacrifices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Travelswithmycamera said:

If you are not a spirits drinker has anyone had a bottle of complimentary wine instead?

Yes, ready to arrange with the butler.

• Thanks 1

My two bits, as always. We've been in suites on several occasions. The rooms and verandas are larger, the bathrooms are much nicer. We got 4 half bottles, vodka, gin, scotch (the cheap stuff, not the good stuff), and rum. Last run in a suite, I traded my 4 halves for a single bottle of Tanqueray gin. I was happy. Considering the price differential between low end suite and high end veranda, you can purchase several top of the line bottles, and legally carry them on board, and not worry about what the line is going to dole out. Or you can buy each drink separately when surviving the indignities of veranda/oceanview/interior rooms, and still come out ahead enough to afford spa treatments. In my humble opinion suite buys you, at high cost, a larger room, a very nice bathroom, unlimited Prime C/Aqualina dining either in the restaurants or in your cabin, but that's about it.  If I could, I would only book suite level, but in the real world, we are more than willing to continue enjoying meager 5.5* rather than 6* service, we can put up with a little less, and be happy for what we are getting.  (PS, we got off a Norwegian Iceland to New York cruise last month. Anyone with any complaints about Azamara should treat themselves to a Norwegian adventure. 7 days or less. Trust me when I say, "You get what you pay for.")  Bring your favorite booze next time, don't worry about the small bottles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

It’s not been small bottles since the pandemic - I understand that at some point there was a supply issue with the small bottles (as with many things during that time) so they went on to a single whole bottle and it’s stayed like that way since.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr H said:

My two bits, as always. We've been in suites on several occasions. The rooms and verandas are larger, the bathrooms are much nicer. We got 4 half bottles, vodka, gin, scotch (the cheap stuff, not the good stuff), and rum. Last run in a suite, I traded my 4 halves for a single bottle of Tanqueray gin. I was happy. Considering the price differential between low end suite and high end veranda, you can purchase several top of the line bottles, and legally carry them on board, and not worry about what the line is going to dole out. Or you can buy each drink separately when surviving the indignities of veranda/oceanview/interior rooms, and still come out ahead enough to afford spa treatments. In my humble opinion suite buys you, at high cost, a larger room, a very nice bathroom, unlimited Prime C/Aqualina dining either in the restaurants or in your cabin, but that's about it.  If I could, I would only book suite level, but in the real world, we are more than willing to continue enjoying meager 5.5* rather than 6* service, we can put up with a little less, and be happy for what we are getting.  (PS, we got off a Norwegian Iceland to New York cruise last month. Anyone with any complaints about Azamara should treat themselves to a Norwegian adventure. 7 days or less. Trust me when I say, "You get what you pay for.")  Bring your favorite booze next time, don't worry about the small bottles.

I last sailed AZ twice (shortly after the pandemic) and received the four bottles.  So I'm glad to hear about the single bottle. Our last three cruises were on Norwegian's Seven Seas Regent which is much superior to the one you took from Iceland.  On Regent we were able to get three liters: Grey Goose, JW Black and Seagrams VO in the suite. 

We don't sail for the liquor though. 😁Well unless it's my liquor run!

Our next three sailings are on Azamara before returning to Regent for one more so far.  This upcoming AZ is in the Caribbean (which I consider my liquor run) where I overstock my preferred liquor that is too expensive to buy in the U.S.  I've been buying from this one liquor store for over 20 years so I get better pricing.Thus I'll have what  I really prefer in my suite after that port.

I'm looking forward to seeing how AZ is now following the divorce from XX. I usually book two years out so these three were bought in 2022 and '23.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It’s not been small bottles since the pandemic - I understand that at some point there was a supply issue with the small bottles (as with many things during that time) so they went on to a single whole bottle and it’s stayed like that way since.

And I think it's much better. I never wanted the rum or whisky so they always managed to swap it, but this was probably a pain if everyone did it.

As the saying goes, you can please some of the people all of the time......It's an amenity gesture. Nice to have, but for me it's never been an essential. You never have to walk far to a bar. 

Phil 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dr H said:

In my humble opinion suite buys you, at high cost ... unlimited Prime C/Aqualina dining either in the restaurants or in your cabin, but that's about it.  

Are you saying that you can order cabin service from Prime C if you are in a CC suite?  I didn't think that was possible, unless you were in the top suites.

3 hours ago, Dynacruiser said:

Are you saying that you can order cabin service from Prime C if you are in a CC suite?  I didn't think that was possible, unless you were in the top suites.

That's what I understand it to be. And a little notice is requested too. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's what I understand it to be. And a little notice is requested too. 

Phil 

I'm not sure Phil.  In the big suites you can definitely order from the specialties and have them served course by course (with as you say reasonable notice), but I didn't think that option was available in the Club Continent Suites.

18 minutes ago, Mrs Skip said:

I'm not sure Phil.  In the big suites you can definitely order from the specialties and have them served course by course (with as you say reasonable notice), but I didn't think that option was available in the Club Continent Suites.

Yes, that's what I meant. Big suites only.  I think part of the fun (and taste) of the Specialty food is to have it served in the restaurant itself. 

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1