Free Drink vouchers for Diamond and above

On 8/31/2024 at 3:16 PM, Billy Baltic said:

It was available on odyssey this summer. The staff we dealt with were surprised we weren’t trying to use more of our remaining vouchers. No tip required. 

Pretty poor behavior in my book if you don’t tip for a free drink. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm an American and feel tipping has gotten out of hand. It's not a free drink, nothing is free as everything you get has been "included" based on your fare or earned as a repeat customer. 

I couldn’t disagree more. When booking a cruise with family or friends, the price per cabin (no matter what cabin type) is the same for my friends, family and myself. The fact that I get 5 free drinks as a D+ is definitely a bonus compared to my friends/family who don’t get any free drinks. 

• Like 2

Just now, RCTransatlanticLover said:

Yeah, it is a nice perk. I recently became Diamond, but the coupons are kind of useless for me as I can’t drink alcohol and try to avoid sugary beverages. I’m traveling solo, so it really won’t make a difference. 

Will the coupons work for bottled water? 

Coupons work for any beverage up to $14 except for standalone Starbucks, Bionic Bar and if you're traveling Icon, then Desserted.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, billysr31 said:

Has anyone used drink voucher for the discount off a bottle of wine?

I haven't personally, but others on here have reported using a voucher for a discount.  I assume that 18% gratuity is added to the remaining balance.

Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100.

I wonder what discount is given for a $100 bottle of wine?  😄