Britannia aft suites

QA24

Am thinking of booking a suite on Britannia and have looked at the ones at the back. The deck plan stes they are overlooked from above. Does this mean they are completely exposed or is there some cover over part of the balcony. Would appreciate any info from those who have been in those cabins.

We have been in F731 and I don't recall it being overlooked too much - just if you were right at the end. The ones on the deck below were very overlooked but did have a very large balcony.

The one we had, which was for four weeks, was one of the best suites that we have ever had on any ship (far better than the equivalent on Sky Princess which is a sister ship). There was so much storage space that we could not fill it all - and my wife does not travel light.

Would not hesitate to book it again.

Thanks for that. Have been in an aft balcony on Ventura and really enjoyed the outside space but was worried the Britannia ones were more on display.

The ones on A & B deck are on longer overlooked because they have had a canopy installed. All of the ones below will be overlooked by the cabins above. We have opted for B725.

Edited by Rupert2251

On 9/1/2024 at 10:36 PM, david63 said:

We have been in F731 and I don't recall it being overlooked too much - just if you were right at the end. The ones on the deck below were very overlooked but did have a very large balcony.

The one we had, which was for four weeks, was one of the best suites that we have ever had on any ship (far better than the equivalent on Sky Princess which is a sister ship). There was so much storage space that we could not fill it all - and my wife does not travel light.

Would not hesitate to book it again.

Funnily enough we used F730 (the opposite corner to yours) years ago and had multiple problems with it, but overlooking wasn’t one of them 😂 

25 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Funnily enough we used F730 (the opposite corner to yours) years ago and had multiple problems with it, but overlooking wasn’t one of them 😂 

A lot of the early problems with aft suites/cabins have been resolved - the main one being soot.

32 minutes ago, david63 said:

A lot of the early problems with aft suites/cabins have been resolved - the main one being soot.

Yes, soot was certainly one of the issues that we had, but that was before the canopies were fitted. Other issues were noise disturbance from the Live Lounge, even though it was 2 decks below us (I believe that this isn’t an issue in F731 but there was a duct next to F730 that I think allowed the noise to get up to us), vibration at speed (causing numerous annoying rattles) and lots of plumbing noises. There was a mechanical plant room with an access door just inside our suite and we could hear the vacuum toilet systems operating from several neighbouring cabins as a result).

We don’t use suites any more as we no longer consider them to be value for money, but I would personally advise people to book B, C or E deck aft. A deck may be overlooked from public decks (unless the canopies have resolved that), D and F corner wrap aft suites have a different layout to the other decks (and the issues we had) and G is directly above the Live Lounge which makes them a complete non-starter.

I might be wrong but think they are over the Live Lounge so there may be some noise. F deck isn't too bad (we've had an aft cabin there a number of times) but we would avoid anything lower.

Its been  few years since we were in aft suite 725 and we had a few issues, but I would book it again in a heartbeat. The positive points were the huge balcony - 16 glass panels compared to 2 on a normal balcony and the range of deck furniture to choose from. The soot issue has apparently been resolved now but at the time was a concern to the extent we received a few hundred pound compensation. An ongoing issue is, I suspect, the fact that you are overlooked in part by the bar on the deck above. Most of the time it didn't matter but on one occasion someone who was drinking from a glass glass dropped it which shattered all over  the balcony. Our stateroom attendant quickly cleaned it up but it was a near miss. Also there can be considerable chair and table movement at any time of the day or night which can get a bit of getting used to. but the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.