Albergo Santa Chiara

Moon Orchid

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were very happy! Huge thanks to all the wonderful people of Cruise Critic for recommending this hotel. It’s a very nice hotel, quiet despite being directly behind the Pantheon, and great location that’s within a walkable distance to everything. We only used taxis to get to the Vatican and Colosseum, everything else was less than 10-15 minutes walking.

We had the superior double and our daughter had the superior single. Both rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were always pleasant and gave us free water bottles every day. The hotel breakfast was also good.

Nearby, we ate lunch at La Sagrestia, which was average pasta aimed more towards the local crowd. For dinner, we walked to Saltimboca which was only 8 minutes from the hotel. It was so good we ate there twice and enjoyed the patio seating. On the last night, we ate at Osteria da Fortunata, also close to the Pantheon. For dessert, we loved gelato at Frigidarium and Venchi. For great midday snacks, we had pastries from Roscioli’s and Bona pizzas.

Overall, lots to see and eat while staying at this hotel’s perfect location.

Edited by Moon Orchid
  • Like 2

I've stayed twice at this hotel and agree it's a good option. Their deluxe single rooms are larger than many city single rooms. And their breakfast is also a step above many, though one should not expect it to be a full American-style one.

The location near the Pantheon has been my favorite for years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've stayed twice at this hotel and agree it's a good option. Their deluxe single rooms are larger than many city single rooms. And their breakfast is also a step above many, though one should not expect it to be a full American-style one.

The location near the Pantheon has been my favorite for years.

We loved Albergo Santa Chiara. Thanks to your recommendation that we booked this hotel. My daughter loves her roomy single room. The lady from house keeping was so cute, she didn’t speak much English but always cheerful and helpful. I agree with you about the great breakfast.
We will stay here again next time for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 4:26 AM, Moon Orchid said:

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were very happy! Huge thanks to all the wonderful people of Cruise Critic for recommending this hotel. It’s a very nice hotel, quiet despite being directly behind the Pantheon, and great location that’s within a walkable distance to everything. We only used taxis to get to the Vatican and Colosseum, everything else was less than 10-15 minutes walking.

We had the superior double and our daughter had the superior single. Both rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were always pleasant and gave us free water bottles every day. The hotel breakfast was also good.

Nearby, we ate lunch at La Sagrestia, which was average pasta aimed more towards the local crowd. For dinner, we walked to Saltimboca which was only 8 minutes from the hotel. It was so good we ate there twice and enjoyed the patio seating. On the last night, we ate at Osteria da Fortunata, also close to the Pantheon. For dessert, we loved gelato at Frigidarium and Venchi. For great midday snacks, we had pastries from Roscioli’s and Bona pizzas.

Overall, lots to see and eat while staying at this hotel’s perfect location.

On 9/17/2024 at 7:25 PM, LEtue said:

Just stayed there in June with my family and it was wonderful!  The breakfast was great too before heading out for the day.  Highly recommend!!

Could one of you tell me what they offered for breakfast. Is it brought to your room, not a buffet.

Both of you say it was great, but neither says a word about what the food was. Coffee juice, bread... what else? Anything pastries? Give me a hint please. I am booked next may and have a excursion I meet at 9 am. Will I get enough to last me until a late lunch. 

Thanks. I've never been and so I really do not have any idea what to expect. 

• Like 1

Hello - It's buffet style and located in a small dining room on the first floor near the main lobby. The staff just ask for your room number upon entering. Plus it was never crowded when we ate at 7-8 am. For food choices, there's the standard scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, yogurt, croissants etc. There's also some pastries that you can munch on to go with the coffee / espresso offered. It's a light breakfast, but definitely fills you up enough to last until lunch. In case you want to relax after breakfast, before you head out for the day, or after a long day in Rome there's an additional large sitting room behind the reception desk that is very comfy too. Hope this helps!

breakfast.jpg

Albergo santa chiara.jpg

Edited by Moon Orchid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello - It's buffet style and located in a small dining room on the first floor near the main lobby. The staff just ask for your room number upon entering. Plus it was never crowded when we ate at 7-8 am. For food choices, there's the standard scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, yogurt, croissants etc. There's also some pastries that you can munch on to go with the coffee / espresso offered. It's a light breakfast, but definitely fills you up enough to last until lunch. In case you want to relax after breakfast, before you head out for the day, or after a long day in Rome there's an additional large sitting room behind the reception desk that is very comfy too. Hope this helps!

breakfast.jpg

Albergo santa chiara.jpg

Ham and bacon and scrambled eggs to me is a real breakfast, more than what I would have expected. I was thinking just bread or pastries when you all kept saying not a full breakfast. Juice? Or just coffee, though I'm good with coffee if there is cream. Cant drink it black. Sounds filling to me.

What is a big breakfast to you? Sounds great to me. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ham and bacon and scrambled eggs to me is a real breakfast, more than what I would have expected. I was thinking just bread or pastries when you all kept saying not a full breakfast. Juice? Or just coffee, though I'm good with coffee if there is cream. Cant drink it black. Sounds filling to me.

What is a big breakfast to you? Sounds great to me. Thanks so much.

I call it a lighter breakfast considering the amount of energy we'll need to walk around the city the entire morning😊.
To answer your question, the hotel has orange juice and varieties of teabags. I don't drink coffee, but my husband said they did have cream for his coffee.

Edited by Moon Orchid