The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 3rd, 2024

I had my first PT session today.  I really like the therapist and I am very happy that the therapists work with only one patient at a time.  This has not been the case with any other place where I have gone.

I must say that my shoulder and my arm is quite sore after the workout and I am trying to take it easy.

I have home exercises to do.  I don’t go back until next Tuesday.  I was offered another appointment this week but both offers were in conflict with other events.

SoI will do the home exercises twice a day and hope for the best.

Have a good evening and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

Well there's a half hour I'm never going to get back.  The state freeway toll road website NEVER works.  Dear Dad couldn't get it to work when we used to have it in his name, now I get the same spinning circle of death.  I'll have to just send them a check.

UGH....sorry for the rant, I just don't have luck with government websites.

And then I was jinxed. I went to check my newest notifications on CC and got the never-ending circle-then a notice that the community was not available. Sheesh!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I've made an appointment for a covid vaccination this weekend. Walgreens, which is more convenient, showed no availability ever, which probably means that the local store hasn't received the vaccine yet, so I"m getting it at CVS.

The NYT has an article today about the time to get a flu vaccination: for most people, mid-September through late October. When during that period depends on when the flu season will reach your area; it tends to be late here, so I'm waiting. It mentions that pregnant women in the third trimester should get vaccinated now, however, to transfer immunity to the baby.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I've made an appointment for a covid vaccination this weekend. Walgreens, which is more convenient, showed no availability ever, which probably means that the local store hasn't received the vaccine yet, so I"m getting it at CVS.

The NYT has an article today about the time to get a flu vaccination: for most people, mid-September through late October. When during that period depends on when the flu season will reach your area; it tends to be late here, so I'm waiting...

CVS (inside Target) called this weekend asking if we'd like to schedule an appointment for Covid and I asked if they have the new flu shot. They do, so we are going tomorrow (Wed) after DH gets home from work.

I'd like to wait a bit, but our cruise is Sept 28 - Oct 5 and I want both shots before we go.

• Like 6

Cat 🐈 update: activity level continues to increase, so he's definitely feeling better. Still trying to encourage drinking.

A new thing he's doing is wanting to sit in my chair whenever he's not in my lap. He's always been a "lap cat," but never a chair hog. I can literally turn around after I stand up and he's already taken up residence in the chair; even my work chair.

20240830_113919.thumb.jpg.87837b49529763f5390ffb6f1619870e.jpg

20240903_231502.thumb.jpg.0dc96cb1edeb602f9361e84c30a0a848.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Post 2 on Southampton, England

In 2016 on Emerald Princess, we stayed the night in Southampton and ate fish, chips and garden peas (not mushy ones) at Duke of Wellington pub.  That cruise was about 20 days long and ended in Dubai.  We rode the National Express bus again from Heathrow straight to Southampton.  We stayed at Premier Inn West Quay this time. 

The Duke of Wellington pub

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Our delicious lunch

The charm of the Duke of Wellington.  The people were friendly too.  I highly recommend it.

The Titanic sounds good  (except for the less than positive name).

Getting ready for our sail away party

The cruise director in his British flag suit

2022 on Island Princess we began in Ft. Lauderdale and headed towards Iceland and the UK.  Halfway through the B2B cruises we had turnaround day in Southampton.  We didn’t get off the ship.  There had been so many passengers sick with Covid, but we had passed our ship testing just before arriving in Southampton so we decided to stay on the ship that day.  Unfortunately I would be testing positive the following day.  It certainly turned into a memorable cruise, but not in a positive way. 

On turnaround day in Southampton I took this lovely photo of the scenery around the ship. 

Across the hall was an ominous sign.  A cabin being sanitized after the Covid-ridden occupants left in Southampton.

The next morning I knew for sure I had come down with it too.  Medical came and confirmed it and I was moved to an oceanview cabin on another deck.  The day after that DH joined me after he tested positive too.  The dreaded sign on our door.

That's it for my memories of Southampton, England.

Excellent description of Southampton and surrounding areas Sandi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1