Working Remote - 'from the ship'

carlp

i would like to try working remote while seeing the world.  how is the Wi-Fi on Princess

do I need any special electronics to connect my laptop

anyone have any experience with this sort of setup

thanks

It's ordinary Wifi connections and obviously you'll need an Internet package/subscription through Princess to enable things. It's far better with the Starlink service, but still a bit slower than home and the mere latency of getting bits from point A to point B is apt to affect your business impact and performance a bit.

I did a Zoom meeting a few weeks ago onboard the Caribbean Princess near Greenland and didn't really have any issues. However, as people mentioned the Internet can sometimes be slow or drop depending on location. Princess is advertising that with the rollout of the new MedallionNet Max that the Internet service will be faster and more reliable no matter where in the world their ships are located. It will be interesting to see people's experiences once it is up and running. 

1 minute ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

I did a Zoom meeting a few weeks ago onboard the Caribbean Princess near Greenland and didn't really have any issues. However, as people mentioned the Internet can sometimes be slow or drop depending on location. Princess is advertising that with the rollout of the new MedallionNet Max that the Internet service will be faster and more reliable no matter where in the world their ships are located. It will be interesting to see people's experiences once it is up and running. 

No matter what name it has the Internet is still dependent on satellites

2 hours ago, carlp said:

i would like to try working remote while seeing the world.  how is the Wi-Fi on Princess

do I need any special electronics to connect my laptop

anyone have any experience with this sort of setup

thanks

There are threads on working remotely in Princess ships that you can search on. One thing you need to check, if you are using VPN is that some VPN's setups are not compatible with the Princess Networking port configurations.