Santorini: Princess Excursions "Private Vehicle..."

PATRLR

I am looking for fellow CC'ers who have experienced one of the Princess "Private Vehicle" excursions in Santorini.  

Our group has booked the "Santorini by Private Vehicle - Van Class Half Day (With Guide)" and I am wondering what to expect with respect to where we will meet up with our van.  Should we expect to have to get to the top of the cable car, or, is it possible we'd be meeting at the "new" port area?  I know if we booked a vehicle privately (not through Princess), those bookings indicate to meet at the top of the cable car.

Anyone know for certain?

Usually if you book any Princess excursion, on the excursion voucher you get in your cabin, will tell you where to meet and time.

If the time/meeting place is not mentioned go to the Excursion desk on the ship.

If I am correct,  but this might not be guaranteed, when you have a Princess excursion like this, assuming you have the morning half-day or the full day you will have priority tender, and will be tendered over to the Altinios Port.  Which can be close to 20 minutes by car/bus from Fira (where the ship is harbored). So, no cable car to go up.

It had always been that you had to return to the ship by going down the cable car.  I assume that this is still the same.

A current thread right now. Live(ish) from Rome....

They were just in Santorini, and seem to report that their Princess Excursion, which focused Oia, ferried over to the docks below Oia.  

Santorini is really scrambling right now, trying to figure out how to handle all of these cruise ship guests!

Edited by Wishing on a star

Do you know how many ships will be at Santorini that day?

One place to check is cruisemapper.com .

Hopefully it is not too busy, and you are still guaranteed to go to Santorini.

Some itinieraries, on the new Sun Princess, I believe, have had to be cancelled as Santorini simply could not accept another large ship.

If this is a Princess booked excursion, then it should be all be set up, from the ship to the ending point.

Many times these excursions will end at Fira, with a ticket to take the cable-car down when you are ready.  The line, and amount of time needed, to get back down can be long.