R S inclusions

Gordoncruickshank

We are cruising on Seascape next year b2b in a RS. I keep seeing bits about what is included with the suite but have not found a definitive list. Our only previous MSC experience on Preziosa, again in. RS but we do not recall getting a bundle of alcohol or the use of a cabana then.

Can anyone assist?

Made a list of these, it does seem most are YMMV

OS/RS Suite perks beyond YC perks
Ignoring Room size/location as that's a given

YC General
 - Staff 'go the extra mile' to differentiate their high end suite guests, be nice and get nice service

YC Sun Deck
Reserved Private Cabana on YC Sun Deck
 - Seashore/Seascape have this
 - Other ships may be a YMMV 

In room options for Royal and Owners
  Food
  - Room Service (all YC have this option)
  - Dining in room from YC MDR sounds like a big ole "maybe as a one off, prob not"
   - MSC limits in-room dining to the room service menu and the butler brings all the food at once, no course-by-course service

Booze
  - All the booze, instead of picking 1 bottle, you get them all
  -- can take them home if you like - (wine bag/box from amazon added to my list)
  -- Might be able to get the Butler to swap out one for another (like Baileys)

Other Drinks - same as all YC

OC Specifics
- Transport 
    Private Golf cart for RS/OS, likely YMMV [Unconfirmed]
- Cabana
   No reserved Cabana on OC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

we do not recall getting a bundle of alcohol or the use of a cabana then.

Now this is important....Did you book the cabin as one cruise (one booking number)? Or two separate cruises B2B (two booking numbers, two separate deposits). One might receive from 9-12 bottles of alcohol during the week. I have not seen anything in writing guaranteeing this. If having booked two separate cruises I think one should be entitled to another 9-12 bottles of alcohol. Now we do not like to book B2B cruises anymore. But if I did, I would test out my theory that if you should pack away all the bottles a day before the second cruise and one covers all one's bases by tipping the butler at least $200 for the first leg, and smiles a lot.......

IMG_3030.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Now this is important....Did you book the cabin as one cruise (one booking number)? Or two separate cruises B2B (two booking numbers, two separate deposits). One might receive from 9-12 bottles of alcohol during the week. I have not seen anything in writing guaranteeing this. If having booked two separate cruises I think one should be entitled to another 9-12 bottles of alcohol. Now we do not like to book B2B cruises anymore. But if I did, I would test out my theory that if you should pack away all the bottles a day before the second cruise and one covers all one's bases by tipping the butler at least $200 for the first leg, and smiles a lot.......

IMG_3030.jpg

Thank you. We have separate bookings for each 7 night cruise and paid deposits for each one. We originally booked 3 consecutive cruises and paid 3 deposits but as time marched on I really could not face doing the Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel leg again as we have done this numerous times before on Celebrity. I know that in Jamaica the ship visits Ocho Rios rather than Falmouth but we spent a total of 56 days over a number of years in Ocho Rios and have seen it, done it.

On the b2b we have done in the past in RS’s the alcohol was rebnewed at the end of cruise 1 and any alcohol we purchased in the liquor store was delivered. We did always take what was left of cruise 1 and kept it out of view in a cupboard but I seriously doubt we would go through that volume over several month but I will take your advice for any bottles that we are still working on before the end of cruise 1.

It does look as if that drink selection could do with some good Zacapa and a nice cognac.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

Made a list of these, it does seem most are YMMV

OS/RS Suite perks beyond YC perks
Ignoring Room size/location as that's a given

YC General
 - Staff 'go the extra mile' to differentiate their high end suite guests, be nice and get nice service

YC Sun Deck

In room options for Royal and Owners
  Food
  - Room Service (all YC have this option)
  - Dining in room from YC MDR sounds like a big ole "maybe as a one off, prob not"
   - MSC limits in-room dining to the room service menu and the butler brings all the food at once, no course-by-course service

Booze
  - All the booze, instead of picking 1 bottle, you get them all
  -- can take them home if you like - (wine bag/box from amazon added to my list)
  -- Might be able to get the Butler to swap out one for another (like Baileys)

Other Drinks - same as all YC

OC Specifics
- Transport 
- Cabana
   No reserved Cabana on OC

Thank you for your very full reply.

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

IMG_3030.jpg

Do we spy DW's cleaning supplies in this picture?  And ziplocs, too? Do tell.  PS - what's in those BLUE BOXES. Curious viewers want to know 🙂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Do we spy DW's cleaning supplies in this picture?  And ziplocs, too? Do tell.  PS - what's in those BLUE BOXES. Curious viewers want to know 🙂

The only box I found worth opening and taking a photo of was this one( I think it was only in the Owners Suite, in the Royal Suite the Champagne was in the same bucket only on the table instead).. I think the others had board games. Will have to ask DW.  DW uses zip locks for our used wet naps, Clorax wipes, Lysol wipes while on the go until we find a waste receptacle to properly discard soiled items.

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:
10 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

It  really depends on who the YC director is.

Exactly! We had missed the 'regular' YC shuttle once by just a few seconds and the YC Director took us by golf cart for an "us only" ride back to the ship. We were in a standard YC1 Deluxe Suite, not an RS or OS.

10 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

YC Sun Deck

Seaside has this as well. (We had made friends with someone who had this provided on Seaside. We were able to reserve non-RS/OS cabanas at the YC Concierge Desk for no charge.)

Edited by Best Cat Mom

9 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

drink selection could do with some good Zacapa

I was in a YC1 on Divina and was unable to get them to swap it to a bottle of Zacapa.  Going to try again on my upcoming Seascape cruise. 

You may have better luck being in a R S. 

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I was in a YC1 on Divina and was unable to get them to swap it to a bottle of Zacapa.  Going to try again on my upcoming Seascape cruise. 

You may have better luck being in a R S. 

I suspect that I may have better luck asking to change some of the bottles for Bacardi or Bacardi 8 as those are similar priced to those displayed in the photograph.