MSC Seascape - Deck 9 starboard Balcony near forward elevators or Deck 12, same location?

Maxcov

Does anyone know which balcony would have the better view, without anyone on a balcony above you being able to look down on you, D-9 Starboard near forward elevators or the same location on D-12?

Edited by Maxcov

• Maxcov changed the title to MSC Seascape - Deck 9 starboard Balcony near forward elevators or Deck 12, same location?

It will be interesting to see the responses.  Can you put example stateroom numbers?

I am booked in 9032 next year.  I opted for deck 9 over decks 14 & 15 (deck 12 didn't seem to be an option?)  I chose based not on specific view but because of the larger balcony.  My understanding is that part of the larger balcony is open to above and people could look down, but part is also under the "roof" so would not be visible from above.

Staterooms in this category and location are similar. I would choose Deck 12 over Deck 9 because Deck 9 is just one story above the Waterfront Boardwalk (public area , noise? ).

Deck 12 has passenger cabins below and above.

Stateroom 9138 has standard size balcony.

You can’t go wrong with either stateroom.

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Balconies on these ships are not stepped, like a wedding cake.  No one can overlook the balcony below.

The staterooms in the front and rear of ships in Seaside Class (Seaside, Seaview, Seashore, Seascape) are recessed in comparison of the total width of the ships. Cabins in the front on deck 9 (Deluxe Balcony Aurea) have larger balconies and cabins in the rear on deck 9 (Junior Suite Aurea) have extra large balconies. Passengers above deck 9 (front and rear) can look down on the extended balconies of cabins on deck 9.

IMG_2639.jpeg