How do I cancel?

Vampiress88

Booked holiday two years ago and the full payment is due Sunday and we have decided we are happy to cancel and lose deposit. 

problem is I don’t know how to. I’ve tried to call and after being on hold 46 mins then it hung up on me 

If you booked direct with P&O then as far as I am aware the only way to cancel is by phone.

Try first thing in a morning or towards the end of the day as those times are quite often less busy.

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Booked holiday two years ago and the full payment is due Sunday and we have decided we are happy to cancel and lose deposit. 

problem is I don’t know how to. I’ve tried to call and after being on hold 46 mins then it hung up on me 

If you don’t pay the balance then a week or so after balance due date your booking will cancel automatically. Alternatively you might wish to transfer the deposit to another cruise?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

If you don’t pay the balance then a week or so after balance due date your booking will cancel automatically. Alternatively you might wish to transfer the deposit to another cruise?

I can’t find one I like. 
also really bad is I like princess better! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I can’t find one I like. 
also really bad is I like princess better! 😂 

Transfer it to any cruise in 2026. Whilst it’s supposed to be a one time transfer, give it a go in two years time. Who knows what the Ts and Cs will be then!

Edited by molecrochip

59 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Transfer it to any cruise in 2026. Whilst it’s supposed to be a one time transfer, give it a go in two years time. Who knows what the Ts and Cs will be then!

I would be I can’t find anything remotely good priced in school holidays, I’d have to pay more in deposits just to try and save myself £86 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Only if the op paid Select Fare is transferring the deposit an option.

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

That's why booking through a good quality on line cruise TA is the best  option, I would just ring or e-mail them and they would do all the necessary work.

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That's why booking through a good quality on line cruise TA is the best  option, I would just ring or e-mail them and they would do all the necessary work.

We also now book with a TA but in our case one in town because of how brilliant they were when we had to cancel our cruise last winter due to 2 close relatives passing away just before our cruise, the ladies in the shop spent almost an hour arguing with P&O until P&O agreed that we could move the cruise to this year, P&O don't consider a BIL and niece to be close enough relatives to cause anyone to cancel the cruise.

We learned our lesson the hard way and will never book direct again.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I believe it has to be to a cruise within 12 months of the one you are cancelling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PurpleMoonlight said:

I believe it has to be to a cruise within 12 months of the one you are cancelling.

I changed a cruise recently to one 13 months earlier and the TA (one widely used on here I believe) did tell me she thought she could get P&O to agree, which she did.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

P&O don't consider a BIL and niece to be close enough relatives to cause anyone to cancel the cruis

A colleague walked out of her job because the boss didn't think a fil was close enough to take time off for the funeral!

20 hours ago, PurpleMoonlight said:

You are correct. 

When we had to change our cruise last year they said that we could only change it to one within 12 months and that it could only be changed once.

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

You are correct. 

When we had to change our cruise last year they said that we could only change it to one within 12 months and that it could only be changed once.

Yes I tried to change a Cunard one that was only a few days over the 12 months and the computer said No so had to chose another  one within the 12 months window. Win for Cunard as I was so up for the original choice I ended up booking it anyway. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, mrsgoggins said:

I changed a cruise recently to one 13 months earlier and the TA (one widely used on here I believe) did tell me she thought she could get P&O to agree, which she did.

We transferred a cruise to one approximately thirteen ahead of the one booked whilst on Aurora last May, so yes, there is some flexibility if a cruise is not much further away than twelve months.  We were thinking of leaving it and transferring via our agent nearer to the cruise date and the onboard sales rep thought it was still likely to be a acceptable, but said the agent would need to get on touch with P&O for clearance  to transfer it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2024 at 8:01 PM, molecrochip said:

Saldy we are probably having to cancel our cruise in January 2025. It says we can only move it to a cruise before January 26. We can't find one we can do or really want to do before that and ha e other holidays booked for 2025. 

Is it worth us asking if we can move to one in 2026 as we've seen a number of fly cruises we really fancy.......

Or is it wishful thinking ????

On 9/7/2024 at 1:10 PM, molecrochip said:

Ts and Cs have changed so much you might be right.

At one point it was any cruise on sale!

Sorry just seen this .. teach me not reading all the thread. Their loss as we may just cancel and go with another cruise line 2026 if we are not tied to them.

Edited by Presto2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Saldy we are probably having to cancel our cruise in January 2025. It says we can only move it to a cruise before January 26. We can't find one we can do or really want to do before that and ha e other holidays booked for 2025. 

Is it worth us asking if we can move to one in 2026 as we've seen a number of fly cruises we really fancy.......

Or is it wishful thinking ????

Not sure if it is still the case but you used to be able to transfer it to a Cunard cruise - don't know if that might work for you.

• Thanks 1