Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

The afternoon passed reading on our balcony, napping and finishing the Pol Acker. We tried to go for dinner a little earlier but still caught up with the other couple on dessert. We haven't seen the 3rd couple since the first night so I'm not sure if they've moved tables or are eating elsewhere. 

It was another good meal and we moved onto the Golden Lion where Mr HH was happy that Marstons Pedigree was on offer at $4.50 and I was happy that the Irish duo played "The Leaving of Liverpool ".

• Like 4

Glad to hear you seem to be enjoying your BC dining so far, Hattie.  I think the a la carte is the same as the QM2 one from June.  We also had a flambé of the day, which was extremely popular - is that featured on the menu too? 

What are your impressions of the BC dining room itself? I believe you’ve done BC on at least one of the other ships so wondered how your current experience was comparing? 

And thanks for posting your updates and answering our questions! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

we moved onto the Golden Lion where Mr HH was happy that Marstons Pedigree was on offer at $4.50

That should make up for the tournament at least!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kynance said:

What are your impressions of the BC dining room itself? I believe you’ve done BC on at least one of the other ships so wondered how your current experience was comparing? 

We've done BC on Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth, the dining room here is much bigger but our table is in a good location and the restaurant itself is in a good spot.

So far, we're very happy with BC dining. 

I've seen the flambé  cart but no sign of it in use so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are docked at a different location with no terminal building, there are free shuttles or a short walk to the port entrance. We're here with an Aida ship and MSC.

We had a stroll round the town, visited the Cathedral and had a light lunch in the Cathedral Square before getting back on board. 

There was a slight wait for the lifts, I was happy that our balcony was in the shade as it was a warm afternoon. 

20240911_143047.jpg

20240911_132036.jpg

20240911_125923.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Screenshot_20240912_105223_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_105243_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_105256_Chrome.jpg

I notice no “Good Morning Queen Anne” TV presentation. How are we going to know whose birthday it is? That little acknowledgment is a nice touch for those celebrating a birthday onboard…As corny as that is.
I enjoy tuning in for 10 minutes first thing in the AM to get the vibe of how the Entertainment Director is describing the day ahead. 

• Like 2

We went to the Golden Lion again after dinner where Food And Drink Trivia was just starting. We didn't enter but helped/hindered the table next to us. I still don't believe Starbucks counts as a Fast food company! We went to watch the second Mike Doyle show, it was busy again and a little warmer in the theatre, Britannia Club and the Golden Lion were pretty chilly. Mr HH managed to order drinks from the waitress hanging around in the theatre. The 2 shows have been an hour rather than the usual 45 minutes. 

No breakfast ordered or alarm set so the outcome is fairly predictable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was after 10 by the time we woke up so tea and biscuits kept us going. Still no sign of any of the Insights lectures on the TV. I keep seeing Mark Foster around the ship but I've still not seen him speak 🤦‍♀️. Mr HH went to check out the Roulette tournament and I headed up to Deck 14 to have a look at the Sky Bar.

It was a beautiful sea day and very warm in the full sun.

We met up for lunch in the restaurant, our table has now been officially reset for 4. Our waiter said that the other couple have moved. I don't know if they didn't like the table or the company......

I couldn't decide between Plum and Rosemary Bakewell Tart or Pear and Almond Torte so our waiter brought both. This could be the start of a slippery slope !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks, there's nothing there at all. It just says Coming Soon.

I believe the camera operator had to leave the ship so they're not recording/transmitting the lectures and shows at the moment (overheard in the theatre the other morning). Looks like you have to be in the audience to catch the talk.