Venice Ro-Port Mos Terminal

Millerhm01

Help!  I'm seeking information on a relatively new terminal called Venice Ro-Port Mos.  We will be on the Azamara Journey and I just learned that due to considerable problems with docking at Fusina - a heavy commercial port that requires passengers and luggage to be transported to another terminal called Porto Marittima - Azamara has decided to switch its docking to Venice Ro-Port Mos.  We will be doing an overnight there in May, 2025, and the folks at Azamara have scant information to share about the new location.  Additionally, I've found little online about the terminal as well.  So I have a few questions:

Since we will be meeting an independent tour guide in Venice, I wonder what our transportation options will be getting from Ro-Port to Venice?  Are any other cruise lines already docking at Ro-Port?  Is Ro-Port like most typical terminals with disembarkation and luggage pickup on site?  Can taxis, limos, buses readily pickup passengers at the terminal?

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks.

Howard

• Like 1

I think this is the same port, but now with a new permanent passenger terminal.  Ro-Port Mos is the company that manages the port and terminal.

Here is an article on Seatrade Cruise News that explains it in the context of Silversea Silver Ray being the first ship to port there:

New Fusina Cruise Terminal, Venice

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think this is the same port, but now with a new permanent passenger terminal.  Ro-Port Mos is the company that manages the port and terminal.

Here is an article on Seatrade Cruise News that explains it in the context of Silversea Silver Ray being the first ship to port there:

New Fusina Cruise Terminal, Venice

A check on MarineTraffic.com of Silver Ray shows that it docked at this point on Google maps:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oaCtA4jCvr1nNndB8

image.png.ce5d6756d50b0df5e6574749a34363fd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just embarked Pursuit there yesterday. We took a taxi from Piazzale Roma, 50 euros flat fee. There are no public busses to get there, you will need to arrange for a pick up. As we were the first cruise ship to depart from there it is unknown if taxis will be waiting for ships that disembark at Fusina.

It's a modern building set up with computer terminals for check in. There's a short walk from the terminal building to the ship, using a gangway. Easy peasy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:22 PM, Millerhm01 said:

Help!  I'm seeking information on a relatively new terminal called Venice Ro-Port Mos.  We will be on the Azamara Journey and I just learned that due to considerable problems with docking at Fusina - a heavy commercial port that requires passengers and luggage to be transported to another terminal called Porto Marittima - Azamara has decided to switch its docking to Venice Ro-Port Mos.  We will be doing an overnight there in May, 2025, and the folks at Azamara have scant information to share about the new location.  Additionally, I've found little online about the terminal as well.  So I have a few questions:

Since we will be meeting an independent tour guide in Venice, I wonder what our transportation options will be getting from Ro-Port to Venice?  Are any other cruise lines already docking at Ro-Port?  Is Ro-Port like most typical terminals with disembarkation and luggage pickup on site?  Can taxis, limos, buses readily pickup passengers at the terminal?

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks.

Howard

By the tine you go in May and/or need to for transportation I’m sure things will be much clearer.  Since we embarked at this new port we used Welcome Pickups to pick us up at our hotel in Mestre and it was reasonable for 6 people.  As I understood from our driver they will be doing pickups there as well but the pick up needs to be booked online ahead of time.  Very easy to do, great communication with the booking and also the driver himself but probably not as cost effective if there are only two of you.  Since this is all so new I’m sure others will report as more ships embark/disembark from there also.  The terminal is brand new and our embarkation went very smoothly.

• Like 2

We are also cruising May 10, 2025 on Azamara Journey.  We are considering leaving our big luggage at the airport.  We then would go from VCO to our hotel, then back to airport for the luggage on May 10th and grab a taxi from the airport to Fusina. 

We just received word from Azamara that we will no longer be docking at Fusina; instead the Journey will be docking at Chioggia.  You may want to check with AZ about the 10th of May.