LIVE Journey to Greenland on the Pride 9/8/24

rxlowry

Chef’s Table was great only downside was the man next to me seemed to roll in right from port. The day was quite warm and he had that sweat smell. It got better once food smells helped block it 

Here’s some pictures but I’ll but much more details on the blog. I wrote my Greenland day yesterday and I can’t wait to write about yesterday.  I had a blast in Corner Brook. 

IMG_9006.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_9029.jpeg

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9063.jpeg

IMG_9068.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday, I celebrated my 365th night at sea! 
Great day in port, kissed a fish and drank some rum!

Dinner was Italian Night and since our table mates had Chef Table, we had pizza at the buffet. IMG_9158.thumb.jpeg.2788d428a6ca9fb7227189bc9ed241a5.jpeg

The ventriloquist last night was bad before he even took out the dummy. His “jokes” offended women, alcoholics, mentally ill, and elderly. He is obviously using material over 24 years old as he talked about TSA like it’s a new thing. We left after five minutes. 
The upside is we then caught the family show for Happy Cole and he was great!  Returned for his adult set which was just as funny!!

IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9212.jpeg

IMG_9215.jpeg

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_9257.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanJ said:

I spent a month in Newfoundland 45 years ago. But I didn't get "screeched in" because I was only 10 at the time lol. 

There was a teen at our ceremony  and said hers was syrup. I thought maple but when I turned around it was a shade of pink 

• Like 1

Just returned from another stellar breakfast. Carnival scores high here for me..nice pace, upscale selections (brûléed grapefruit and caramelized banana) nice cook and temperature. 
I’d rank it higher than YC on MSC and it leaves NCL in the dust. I think maybe even better than Luminae on Celebrity. It stands up to Crystal even. I know every cruise has misses but I have yet to have one at breakfast yet!  

IMG_9285.jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

IMG_9287.jpeg

• Like 1

Returned from breakfast to find this letter.  Is this because of Chef Table? Our table mates who scored us the Al Fresco? 
We did an outstanding galley tour on Celebrity last November during service and I heard no photos on Carnival. Someone earlier in week said no phones even allowed but I didn’t read that here. 

IMG_9288.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 12:48 PM, rxlowry said:

Tonight’s dinner was very good!! Loved the beef spring roll that arrrived piping hot!! The shrimp poke was delicious as was the Indian dish.  I’ve been really pleased with the food. It blows NCL out of the water and I’ll even include the specialty. The MDR on NCL is the bottom of the contemporary lines (msc, Royal, NCL, Carnival) to me!

I am convinced that NCL has terrible food in the MDR so you'll upgrade and go to specialty dining. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Walked 6.9 miles today!!  Beautiful weather. Had lobster wontons and lobster poutine.  Cider flight. Split lobster roll. Life is good 

IMG_9289.jpeg

IMG_9319.jpeg

IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_9350.jpeg

IMG_9347.jpeg

IMG_9348.jpeg

IMG_9346.jpeg

IMG_9344.jpeg

IMG_9361.jpeg

IMG_9368.jpeg

IMG_9375.jpeg

We loved this port!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kristinp36 said:

I am convinced that NCL has terrible food in the MDR so you'll upgrade and go to specialty dining. 

I think so too but the sad part is it still isn’t great 

• Haha 1