Refund Timeline

kes601

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@kes601  what was the difference in the price of your original room and the mini suite (incl taxes and fees) without the package purchase and upgrades?   Leave out the package totals for now.  This might help you and others do additional math.  There may have been a price decrease in the room cost that we can’t see.  The only constant we have are the package prices.

i was an accountant in my previous life and love doing number crunching.  Lol

Looking at what I wrote I see my math doesn't add up now.  The original room must have been $6300 (not $6500), but still a $322 difference between original room and mini-suite.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Looking at what I wrote I see my math doesn't add up now.  The original room must have been $6300 (not $6500), but still a $322 difference between original room and mini-suite.

• Original package price was $7280 ($6500 was for the room, $700 was for the $50 special on Plus and then $280 for the upgrade to the old Premier )
  • Upgraded to a Mini-Suite, price became $7602.00
  • Asked to upgrade to the new Premier.  This was done within a minute and our total was suddenly $7462 ($140 credit).

so the $7,602 in the second bullet was room and fees only?  No package?  Just trying to see all the pieces and you have not laid them all out.  Need room price, fee price and package prices separately to see what changed.  The $140 credit looks like a reduction in taxes and fees to me, but I can’t confirm that without knowing what they were originally and what they were when your changed cabin categories.  Prices change all the time so knowing what they were at the time of your upgrades would help to determine where the credit came from. It will also help if there was an error as you will know exactly what occurred.  I know I may be making it difficult but I’m really trying to help crunch numbers but I don’t have all the info to do that.  I’m ok if you would rather not do that. 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

• Original package price was $7280 ($6500 was for the room, $700 was for the $50 special on Plus and then $280 for the upgrade to the old Premier )
  • Upgraded to a Mini-Suite, price became $7602.00
  • Asked to upgrade to the new Premier.  This was done within a minute and our total was suddenly $7462 ($140 credit).

so the $7,602 in the second bullet was room and fees only?  No package?  Just trying to see all the pieces and you have not laid them all out.  Need room price, fee price and package prices separately to see what changed.  The $140 credit looks like a reduction in taxes and fees to me, but I can’t confirm that without knowing what they were originally and what they were when your changed cabin categories.  Prices change all the time so knowing what they were at the time of your upgrades would help to determine where the credit came from. It will also help if there was an error as you will know exactly what occurred.  I know I may be making it difficult but I’m really trying to help crunch numbers but I don’t have all the info to do that.  I’m ok if you would rather not do that. 😉

Sorry, I had combined things and had a wrong number on bullet 1.  We'll try again:

• $7000 total initially -- $6300 for room and $700 for Princess Plus
  • Immediately added old Princess Premier for an additional $280, so we are at $7280 total
  • Upgraded to mini-suite -- $7602 total -- $6622 for the room, $700 Princess Plus, $280 for Princess Premier upgrade
  • Upgraded to new Premier -- $7462 total -- no explanation given as to price difference (other than they credited $140 instead of charging us $140).
  • Inquired about items missing from premier -- $6902 total -- appears they removed the $700 Princess Plus, which the math works out for the original "new" premier upgrade ($7602 - $700)

ETA - we immediately priced out what the same cabin class would cost and that alone was higher than our total.

Edited by kes601

@kes601   So this was complicated but I’ve got it down to your final total of $6,902.  I will only give the breakdown for this final cuz there was a bunch of calculations to get here.

$6,662 mini suite room + $1,260 new premier @$90 = $7,882. This is what was owed if booked originally.

$7,882 - $700 paid for plus, - $280 paid for upgrade to premier = $6,902.

$7,882 - $700 - $280 = $6,902

Did you ever actually get credited for the $140?  That would have been the difference in the $280 credit and the $140 charge for new premier.  

I don’t think they actually owe you any money unless you’re actually out of pocket for more than $7,882. What is your actual out of pocket?

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Thanks for the rundown.  We did not get the $140 credit.  It showed up on a Saturday and then the next day when the chat person "fixed" it it changed to $700.

Can you show a screenshot of that $700 credit?

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Can you show a screenshot of that $700 credit?

It doesn't necessarily show the credit being applied, it just shows we paid $7602 (our total before the upgrade mess) and the new total.

image.png.6784964b2f9242ad443ed42592e9da24.png

image.png.9f6597f83579d46f3dd20a0ca03bff77.png

image.thumb.png.b590590d3a1e927b097452000b57e2ae.png

Edited by kes601
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kes601 said:

It doesn't necessarily show the credit being applied, it just shows we paid $7602 (our total before the upgrade mess) and the new total.

Looks fair to me. Leave it alone. Check your balance and app package frequently. They should email you if you owe.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Now a screenshot of the package- app or travel summary

You'll see on the screenshot of the package it shows Premier and shows Crew Appreciation.  You'll see the Travel Summary only has Premier specific items, nothing that was originally included in Plus is there (crew appreciation for one.....and things that get upgraded in Premier only say upgrade).

Screenshot2024-09-08at6_41_35PM.thumb.png.f6614135a2384bb60da8348e87bb0c1b.png

Screenshot2024-09-08at6_41_54PM.thumb.png.0bef667745bbb94609ab92899a2ec499.png

• Thanks 1

Great! You got the New Premier package- clue. Unlimited….

phone to make dining specialty reservations if you can’t do it with a $0 charge on app. 

If there was an accounting error din’t sweat it- they’ll catch up with you.

Sounds like there was a price drop in the cabin category.

Just now, dog said:

Great! You got the New Premier package- clue. Unlimited….

phone to make dining specialty reservations if you can’t do it with a $0 charge on app. 

If there was an accounting error din’t sweat it- they’ll catch up with you.

Sounds like there was a price drop in the cabin category.

Thanks, we've made the dining reservations in the app.  That part is working fine.  Concern is things like Crew Appreciation under Payment on the website now allow me to pre-pay (before the "upgrade" it said included in package).  Wi-Fi option in the app shows I would have to pay, before it showed included.  Things like that.

5 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Thanks, we've made the dining reservations in the app.  That part is working fine.  Concern is things like Crew Appreciation under Payment on the website now allow me to pre-pay (before the "upgrade" it said included in package).  Wi-Fi option in the app shows I would have to pay, before it showed included.  Things like that.

Mine too- totally screwed up app and website.

you do not pay any more.  Others have same issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Mine too- totally screwed up app and website.

you do not pay any more.  Others have same issues.

Thank you.  My wife was told via chat that things "should be fixed this week" with the web site.  Goes along w/one of the umpteen chat people I corresponded with.  He said the package should be "fixed" by the 14th.

Edited by kes601
  • Like 1

So the $7,602 is what you actually paid? That would have been the $6,300 orig rm, + $700 plus + $280 prem + $322 upgrade to mini (great price btw) = $7,602.

if so the above invoice is not taking the premier into account.  They are subtracting an amount paid that includes premier against an amount just for the room.  It should have been $7,882 - $7,602 = $280 due.  Unless that cruise fare of $6142 includes premier which mean the price of that mini went waaaay down!!

What cruise? Ship ? Date? Category? So we can see on website . 

I have a S9 sanctuary suite which includes the new premier package- booked 2 weeks ago for amazing price.

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

So the $7,602 is what you actually paid? That would have been the $6,300 orig rm, + $700 plus + $280 prem + $322 upgrade to mini (great price btw) = $7,602.

if so the above invoice is not taking the premier into account.  They are subtracting an amount paid that includes premier against an amount just for the room.  It should have been $7,882 - $7,602 = $280 due.  Unless that cruise fare of $6142 includes premier which mean the price of that mini went waaaay down!!

$7602 is what we paid for everything prior to the upgrade weirdness last weekend.

Currently our class of room is $6150ish without any packages added on. With premier it would be $7400ish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

What cruise? Ship ? Date? Category? So we can see on website . 

I have a S9 sanctuary suite which includes the new premier package- booked 2 weeks ago for amazing price.

Alaska, Royal Princess, June 21, 2025 out of Seattle. MC cabin class. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Alaska, Royal Princess, June 21, 2025 out of Seattle. MC cabin class. 

I see CAD fares so can’t compare. I get a much different amount then you.

Does not appear to me that you should get a $700 credit.

keep watch on your package disappearing.

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Does not appear to me that you should get a $700 credit.

100% agree. 

Thinking about it, and I don’t feel like pricing it out again right now, but I think the current total of the room plus premier would be $7462, which is $140 less that our $7602 price. So when the first person added premier the price was probably right. It was the second person fixing the missing items that messed things up. 

Nevermind. Current total would be $7412. I guess last weekend it could have been $7462 though. 

Edited by kes601
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kes601 said:

We have a cruise booked for next June.  We went ahead and paid in full because we wanted to book our dining and excursions.  I am really tired of trying to get something fixed on our Travel Summary (not showing all of the Princess Premier items).  I'm about ready to just cancel and book us on a separate cruise line.  For a cruise paid in full but cancelling many months out can anybody give an average timeline for refunds?

After all this: I would cancel if you get no penalty

In my opinion you are paying way too much for that cruise just for a mini suite.

The variety of specialty restaurants on  Royal princess don’t compare to the new Sun Princess, to pay the extra $90 pp/pd for the new premier.

The refund for excursions etc will go to your credit card within a week.  I’ve gotten my payments & deposits back usually in a couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, dog said:

After all this: I would cancel if you get no penalty

In my opinion you are paying way too much for that cruise just for a mini suite.

The variety of specialty restaurants on  Royal princess don’t compare to the new Sun Princess, to pay the extra $90 pp/pd for the new premier.

The refund for excursions etc will go to your credit card within a week.  I’ve gotten my payments & deposits back usually in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.  The pricing is in line with the other Alaska cruises that go through Glacier Bay at that time of year.  I'm not worried about what we paid, just that we get what we originally paid for.  If I don't hear back from the email address you provided within a couple of weeks and things don't look correct then we will likely cancel and re-book w/another cruise line.

• Like 1

$6123 US mini suite standard fare(taxes/ fees included)

$1260 US premier ( new)

—————

$7383 US

$7602 paid

————

$225 US credit

difference in my post is taxes/ fees are in the $6123.  BRB

11 hours ago, kes601 said:

image.png.9f6597f83579d46f3dd20a0ca03bff77.png

image.thumb.png.b590590d3a1e927b097452000b57e2ae.png

Your fare for a MC Royal Princess mini suite adds on taxes/ fees.

Mine is inclusive of taxes/fees.***

new premier adds in $90 pp/pd

—————

adding**** $7377 US if you book the new Premier  all inclusive fare*** taxes/ fees included in this fare.

————

i got through by emailing 

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

customersupport@princesscruises.com

copy to

John P.

For my issues:

I got a call from an executive assistant and she says she will call

me back Monday.  We will see.

Edited by dog
Adding
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kes601 said:

You'll see on the screenshot of the package it shows Premier and shows Crew Appreciation.  You'll see the Travel Summary only has Premier specific items, nothing that was originally included in Plus is there (crew appreciation for one.....and things that get upgraded in Premier only say upgrade).

Screenshot2024-09-08at6_41_35PM.thumb.png.f6614135a2384bb60da8348e87bb0c1b.png

Screenshot2024-09-08at6_41_54PM.thumb.png.0bef667745bbb94609ab92899a2ec499.png

I upgraded to the new Premier package from Plus.  All of the original Plus items are listed on my Summary (including Crew Appreciation) and then below that it lists the “Upgrade” items.  We have a total of 30 items listed in “Special Services” for the two of us (our CVP gave us “Cruise Night Coupon Books”, so that accounts for two items on the list, 12 items on the list are for the original Plus package and the remaining 16 items on the list are for the Premier Upgrade).

The items you have listed above match what is on our Special Services list, but you are missing the original 12 Plus items.

• Like 1