Where is the Spirit from March 26- April 21, 2025?

bsugar

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Where is the Spirit from March 26- April 21, 2025?
2 hours ago, bsugar said:

Does anyone know where the spirit is from March 26- April 21, 2025.  It was supposed to be on a grand voyage and now it shows waitlisted.

I don’t know but maybe SS are trying to decide if they can go through the Somalia / Yemen / Red Sea waters?

The Doha to Athens segment was cancelled several months ago.  But now it looks as if the third segment will be cancelled too. We are supposed to be on the Grand Voyage, but it looks as if it will not be so grand.

4 hours ago, bsugar said:

The Doha to Athens segment was cancelled several months ago.  But now it looks as if the third segment will be cancelled too. We are supposed to be on the Grand Voyage, but it looks as if it will not be so grand.

It does seem that the continuing Middle East problems are affecting Spirit’s itinerary.  As was the story earlier in the year, Silversea will probably prioritise getting the ship to Venice for the Mediterranean season.

What did Silversea tell you or your travel agent when contacted after that first cancellation?

We had booked the Muse Singapore to Doha then Doha to A in 2025. The Doha to Athens was cancelled some time ago and today the Singapore to Doha cruise has disappeared. The Muse arrives in Sigapore on May7 and it's next cruise is Athens to Athens on June 7th. A week ago the Singapore to Doha cruise was still listed.

So I suspect the same is happening to the Spirit. The Middle East Strikes again.

That is also why I am also not confident our December 2025 Mumbai-Mahe cruise will also disappear. the previous cruise is Athens-Mumbai. I can't see them cancelling a Mediterranean cruise or 2.

We were booked on the Mahe to Doha cruise (25th March - 10th April 2025) and it went waitlisted many months ago when they were cancelling all the cruises from the middle east through to the Med.  But ours then came back on sale and remained until 2 weeks ago when it went waitlisted again.  Then it disappeared from the website late last week and finally was cancelled yesterday afternoon but only communicated to us this morning.

Been offered a full refund or move it to a future cruise with 15% if booked by end of Oct for a cruise in 2024, 2025 or 2026.

On 9/9/2024 at 12:34 PM, drron29 said:

We had booked the Muse Singapore to Doha then Doha to A in 2025. The Doha to Athens was cancelled some time ago and today the Singapore to Doha cruise has disappeared. The Muse arrives in Singapore on May7 and it's next cruise is Athens to Athens on June 7th. A week ago the Singapore to Doha cruise was still listed.

So I suspect the same is happening to the Spirit. The Middle East Strikes again.

Funny, we were booked on the Silver Dawn 4 December Mumbai to Singapore cruise, which was cancelled back in June due to operational reasons resulting from the Middle East situation; we also did the ""Waitlist Exercise"" for a couple of weeks and then the cruise disappeared from the website.  In the cancellation notice, a suggested alternative itinerary mentioned was the Muse Singapore to Doha voyage discussed above. I feel bad for those who took that option.  We were offered the same deal - move to a future cruise with a 15% discount.  The offer sounds better than it actually is as voyage prices for new reservations were/are much higher than our fare paid for the cancelled cruise.

We ended up confirming Silver Whisper 8 December Mumbai to Singapore (shortened and revised itinerary ... 14 nights instead of 18 nights.)  I must say that Silversea did right by us: the new cruise fare was acceptable (less on a per person per night basis), we were upgraded to a very nice Suite, and were issued an onboard credit that will cover the cost of a couple of exciting shore excursions; we did much better than the 15% discount thanks to a very determined travel agent.  Silversea also promptly reimbursed the costs associated with rebooking our domestic India flights without any questions or push-back (we added 4 additional nights in India to compensate for the shortened cruise as we did not want to rebook our Europe-India/Singapore-Europe airline tickets.)  Lots of phone calls and a bit of drama, but we got it done.

Advise:  if your cruise is cancelled, reach out to Silversea and see what they can do for you. Don't settle for the 15% offer.  Our experience shows that Silversea will work with you in these situations but you do need to find the right person at Silversea to handle your file.

• Like 1

I have just posted this on the Silver Muse thread.

So the Singapore to Doha May 25 cruise has disappeared from the website so I got in touch with our TA. word back from SS was that Senior Management were reviewing that cruise and a decision on whether to cancel it MAY be made in 2 weeks.