Marina - Staterooms on Marina used to be A2, now B3

lorimay

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Marina next April and trying to pick a cabin. On the Oceania website, the deck plan for Marina shows aft cabins on deck 7, 7108 - 7126 and 7111 - 7131 as A2 concierge staterooms. However, our TA said those cabins are showing up in the system as B3 cabins. These are cabins with the extra wide veranda.

Did this happen during the refresh of Marina? Is there a reason why these cabins with the bigger verandas are now a lower category? I do see that the dining room is below - is there a noise issue?

Are we sure it is not the reverse?  There has been threads here on CC that going forward the B3 extended balconies on Riviera and Marina have been changed to A level concierge cabins and will command a higher price.  We are in 7131 on Marina in November and do not expect to get an extended Balcony as a B level again.

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Marina next April and trying to pick a cabin. On the Oceania website, the deck plan for Marina shows aft cabins on deck 7, 7108 - 7126 and 7111 - 7131 as A2 concierge staterooms. However, our TA said those cabins are showing up in the system as B3 cabins. These are cabins with the extra wide veranda.

Did this happen during the refresh of Marina? Is there a reason why these cabins with the bigger verandas are now a lower category? I do see that the dining room is below - is there a noise issue?

I think your TA has it backwards, or maybe an old deck plan.  The large verandas were changed from B to A. Call O directly to find out for sure.

Edited by 1985rz1

I think the issue is another O website issue. If looking at the Deck Plans for Marina under the ships on their website it shows two different plans for Deck 7, pre 2025 voyages show them as the B and the other show as the A. With your cruise in April 2025 they would be the A. HOWEVER, if you go through the booking process on their website for the April, 2025 cruises on Marina they show the deck plan for pre 2025 voyages, ie B. Appears to be just another O website issue. 

Edited by EJL2023

3 hours ago, lorimay said:

I think your TA is incorrect.

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I think your TA is incorrect.

I think so too. She also booked us into the wrong cabin on Deck 9. I would much prefer to book myself but am taking advantage of a credit card offer if I book with them. 

Another question about these deck 7 cabins - is there noise from the dining room below?

5 hours ago, lorimay said:

I think so too. She also booked us into the wrong cabin on Deck 9. I would much prefer to book myself but am taking advantage of a credit card offer if I book with them. 

Another question about these deck 7 cabins - is there noise from the dining room below?

Just because your TA misunderstood this is no reason to think you should book yourself. Maybe look for another TA but in the opinion of those who know you’re always ahead using a TA with connections. 

I recently had dinner with a couple that has about the same amount of cruises that we do and said their TA is retiring and she thinks she can do as well booking herself. Apparently she has not used a very good TA all these years. I didn’t pursue the subject any further after that statement.