Explora Has a New President

Dr. Cocktail

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

It’s certainly a busy week for Explora Journeys with Explora 2 launching, Explora 3 coin laying ceremony and Explora 4 steel cutting

https://latteluxurynews.com/2024/09/10/explora-journeys-president/

Funny how so many naysayers were saying that 3 and 4 would never be built!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Funny how so many naysayers were saying that 3 and 4 would never be built!

They are so used to the corporate cruise lines and their inertia/lawyer-centric decision making. Were it not for the fortitude of the Aponte family to restart as soon as possible after COVID we might still not be cruising (joking of course). To think that MSC/EJ would not forge ahead with a well considered corporate strategy is a difficult concept for some. Explora 1 has been sailing for one year. E2 sails next week. Within 5 years there will be three more ships in the fleet. Let’s see then if there is still lack of itinerary diversification. We’ve sailed twice already. We have two more cruises in the next 6 months. All were/are two weeks or longer with unique itineraries. I have no doubt that we will be taking our bucket list cruise of the South Pacific on an EJ ship in the coming years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

They are so used to the corporate cruise lines and their inertia/lawyer-centric decision making. Were it not for the fortitude of the Aponte family to restart as soon as possible after COVID we might still not be cruising (joking of course). To think that MSC/EJ would not forge ahead with a well considered corporate strategy is a difficult concept for some. Explora 1 has been sailing for one year. E2 sails next week. Within 5 years there will be three more ships in the fleet. Let’s see then if there is still lack of itinerary diversification. We’ve sailed twice already. We have two more cruises in the next 6 months. All were/are two weeks or longer with unique itineraries. I have no doubt that we will be taking our bucket list cruise of the South Pacific on an EJ ship in the coming years.

Jealous!  I've sailed twice and had 2 booked in the next 6 months (suddenly it's a competition!) but changed one for my first time on Seabourn....

While it's still a work in progress, I'm pretty certain that they'll get it right!

• Like 1

Nothing is going to change - this from a nay sayer...  Putting a Hotelier in charge of a cruise line clearly show the direction they are going. Then again deep pockets will prevail and they will throw lots of Aponte family money into the line.  Will have 6 ships sailing the Med 🙂

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 2