Now this is a Surprise!

I and others have believed that Regent was exiting the business of providing air with the cruises because airlines are hard to deal with.  Then today I get a Regent ad in the mail stating FREE FIRST CLASS AIR on select Caribbean, Canada, and New England voyages! For one thing, I think it means BUSINESS CLASS, as I don’t think FC exists on those routes. And even before July 1 Regent didn’t include BC air on those itineraries. No specific cruise itineraries, dates, or prices were stated. Again, I had believed that Regent was wanting out of the air business (I don’t blame it. It’s a mess). But now two months after the exit, it is jumping back in???

BC does not typically appear domestically. This is a special which includes FC air to these domestic locations (the Caribbean and North America are typically considered Domestic for these purposes)..

Edited by Pcardad

I agree. This offer is not available in the Uk or Europe. Due to an issue with the regent site we kept getting transferred to the US site. 

If it had been we would have snuck an extra cruise in as Business class to the States has gone up exponentially and we have been to the Caribbean multiple times.

And a Regent Facebook post about this offer talks out "First Class Suite.". No such thing for domestic flights (which includes Canada and Central America).  Just 2 across slightly reclining seating with more leg room versus 3 across coach, plus free drinks and (usually) some included food.  Plus, no-charge checked bags.  No lounge access as you'd have for international business class.  Nicer than coach? Yes, but not to the degree it is being hyped.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, Dolebludger said:

I had believed that Regent was wanting out of the air business (I don’t blame it. It’s a mess). But now two months after the exit, it is jumping back in???

Regent never "exited the business of providing air," they simply offered a new option internationally for North American customers of choosing either economy or business class.  Even back in the day when Business Class was included in the price of a cruise there was an "Air Credit" number at the bottom of the website page as to how much the price would be reduced if you opted to book your own air.  Then they went to pricing the "cruise only" or "cruise with Business Class Air."  Now they show the price for "cruise only," addition for "economy air" and addition for "Business Class Air."  

Domestic has always been economy only.  The new "sale," something they have done in the past, offers "First Class" in lieu of "economy" on domestic cruises like Alaska or the Caribbean.  

Since air travel is the topic, I hope that I'm not straying too far. 911 was 23 years ago, but for those of us who were working for an airline, this day always punches the gut.

I would just say, if you are flying today, please give a thought to your flight crews who might be reflecting on their own memories of 911.

Edited by AC Stew
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3