MVJ data leak

OneSixtyToOne

My iPhone browser just notified me that my MVJ password has appeared in a data leak. Going to the Passwords setting on my phone, I’ve found several passwords on various sites have been compromised. 

There have been several major data breaches in the last couple of months so be sure to change your passwords.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

My iPhone browser just notified me that my MVJ password has appeared in a data leak. Going to the Passwords setting on my phone, I’ve found several passwords on various sites have been compromised. 

There have been several major data breaches in the last couple of months so be sure to change your passwords.

What browser are you using?  Are you referring to Safari, or do you use other browsers on your iPhone?

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

What browser are you using?  Are you referring to Safari, or do you use other browsers on your iPhone?

Safari 

I believe it’s actually the iPhone password manager doing the notification. I found eight different website passwords that were compromised by data leaks.

I have Face ID and autofill passwords enabled.

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Safari 

I believe it’s actually the iPhone password manager doing the notification. I found eight different website passwords that were compromised by data leaks.

I have Face ID and autofill passwords enabled.

Yes, but that won't help if someone is accessing your account "manually" on another platform.  The FaceID is just the iPhone.  I have FaceID on many things but when I sit down to my iMac, there is no FaceID.  I just key the password.  Hopefully you have 2FA in place too?

I have been told by Google and other sites that many of my passwords have been compromised, but I have a strategy....

For sensitive sites like banking, there are very specific passwords that would be very hard to break, but they are also changed every 3-4 months whether I need to or not.

For medium sensitivity sites, I have at least 5 or 6 different password configurations that I use and these get changed.

For sites that have no impact, I have a general password that I don't care if ever found.

I also have MyTrueIdentity because of a data breech and I have their DarkWeb monitoring enabled.  They don't indicate the number of breeches that Safari and Google do... so who is to be believed?

Placing a FREEZE on your credit files with the major players (Experian, TransUnion, and one other) will prevent the bad guys from checking your credit prior to getting a new credit card. It's not perfect, but it's a start. And it cuts down on the junk mail offering new credit cards...

My wife and I have a freeze on our files. We lift it when we need something, like a new card.

• Like 2